• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FS: Bronze Age DC lots: Adventure, Bats, Tec, Jonah Hex, Warlord, etc.! REDUCED!

38 posts in this topic

Hey all...here's another big batch of cool late BA DC titles from my personal collection, nearly all of which feature great stories and artwork by some of the best that DC had to offer at the time: Don Newton, Garcia-Lopez, Starlin, Michael Golden, Mike Grell, and others.

The late '70s/early '80s were really a 2nd Bronze Age renaissance of sorts for DC, after that first initial explosion of BA creativity (fueled by Adams, Wrightson, Kaluta, etc.) in the early '70s. I've always loved this period (I was in my early teens at the time), and hope these books find a good home with someone else who will enjoy them, too.

Ask any of my buyers here on the Boards over the past several years: my lots always represent an extremely good value for the $$, are sturdily packaged, and shipped quickly. Plus, you get some great stories and artwork, usually on the cheap. What's not to like? :grin:

NOTE: All orders will ship with at least a few DC freebies from this same period (1977 - 1981 or so). Read 'em and weep for joy!!

:takeit: rules, and PayPal is strongly preferred (domestic checks/MOs are okay, too).

DOMESTIC US SHIPPING: $5 for 1 - 6 books; $9 for 7 or more. And shipping is FREE for orders of $30 or more!

INTERNATIONAL SHIPPING: Charged at exact cost, but depends upon weight and destination. Please PM me first before committing to buy. If you don't, the books will sell to the next domestic buyer. Please work with me, and I'll be happy to work with you! (thumbs u

First lots up in few. Thanks for looking!

Adventure Comics: 459, 460, 461, 462, 463, 464, 465, 466. Cool "Dollar Comics" lot with some great art by Don Newton (Aquaman, New Gods) and Garcia-Lopez (Deadman). The JSA stories (continued from All-Star Comics) are very cool, too -- especially the Death of Batman (Earth 2!). Grade range is VG - VG/Fine or better.

8 comics total.

$20 for the lot.

SOLD!!!

th_adventure459.jpg th_adventure460.jpg th_adventure461.jpg th_adventure462.jpg th_adventure463.jpg th_adventure464.jpg th_adventure465.jpg th_adventure466.jpg

Aquaman: 60 (VG), 61 (Fine), 62 (Fine). Very cool story arc from the tail end (!) of the original SA/BA series, with more great art by the vastly under-rated Don Newton!

3 comics total.

$4 for the lot.

th_aquaman60.jpg th_aquaman61.jpg th_aquaman62.jpg

Batman: 303, 305, 306, 321. More great late BA DC art by Michael Golden, Don Newton, and Walt Simonson. The Joker story in #321 is easily one of the best Batman stories from this period as well, with terrific art from Simonson. Grade range is Fine to Fine+.

4 comics total.

$10 for the lot.

th_batman303.jpg th_batman305.jpg th_batman306.jpg th_batman321.jpg

Brave and the Bold: 156, 164, 171. Yep...you guessed it -- more first rate DC art from Don Newton and Garcia-Lopez. Great, great stuff. All are VF or so.

3 comics total.

$6 for the lot.

SOLD!!!

th_braveandbold156.jpg th_braveandbold164.jpg th_braveandbold171.jpg

DC Comics Presents: 17, 20, 23, 24, 27, 28, 29. Here's a sample from the pick of the litter for this title: great Supes team-up stories, and even better artwork by Garcia-Lopez, Jim Starlin, and others. The Superman-Deadman story in #24 is particularly awesome! Grade range is Fine or so.

7 comics total.

$12 for the lot.

th_dcpresents17.jpg th_dcpresents20.jpg th_dcpresents23.jpg th_dcpresents24.jpg th_dcpresents27.jpg th_dcpresents28.jpg th_dcpresents29.jpg

DC "Giant" Lot: Includes the following --

DC Special 28 (Newton! VG)

DC Special Series 3 (Good, ink on FC)

DC Super Stars 16 (first Star Hunters by Newton, VG+)

Green Lantern 100 (Fine)

4 comics total.

$7 for the lot.

th_dcspecial28.jpg th_dcspecialseries3.jpg th_dcsuperstars16.jpg th_greenlantern100.jpg

Misc. DC "good art" Lot: Includes the following --

Flash 310 (Dr. Fate begins by Giffen -- awesome! VF-)

House of Secrets 154 (Final issue! Kaluta cover and incredible Garcia-Lopez interior art! F/VF)

Justice League 200 (Perez! Very cool anniversary issue. Fine+)

Kamandi 59 (OMAC story w/art by Jim Starlin! V/VF)

4 comics total.

$8 for the lot.

th_flash310.jpg th_houseofsecrets154.jpg th_justiceleague200.jpg th_kamandi59.jpg

Adventure Comics: 459, 460, 461, 462, 463, 464, 465, 466. Cool "Dollar Comics" lot with some great art by Don Newton (Aquaman, New Gods) and Garcia-Lopez (Deadman). The JSA stories (continued from All-Star Comics) are very cool, too -- especially the Death of Batman (Earth 2!). Grade range is VG - VG/Fine or better.

8 comics total.

$20 for the lot.

th_adventure459.jpg th_adventure460.jpg th_adventure461.jpg th_adventure462.jpg th_adventure463.jpg th_adventure464.jpg th_adventure465.jpg th_adventure466.jpg

:takeit:

8 comics total.

$20 for the lot.

:takeit:

(thumbs u Thanks!

Star Hunters: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7. Very cool, very under-appreciated series by Dave Michelinie (rhymes with "pickle my knee") and Don Newton. All are in the VG/Fine to Fine range.

7 comics total.

$12 for the lot.

th_starhunters1.jpg th_starhunters2.jpg th_starhunters3.jpg th_starhunters4.jpg th_starhunters5.jpg th_starhunters6.jpg th_starhunters7.jpg

Time Warp: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 -- the complete run of this title. Cool late '70s Sci-Fi "Dollar Comics" anthology experiment with some great artwork by Kaluta, Chaykin, Ditko, Newton, Nasser, and others. Grade range is G/VG to Fine or so.

5 comics total.

$10 for the lot.

th_timewarp1.jpg th_timewarp2.jpg th_timewarp3.jpg th_timewarp4.jpg th_timewarp5.jpg