• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Don Rosa Pedigree

61 posts in this topic

I agree with Watson, to me it's a collection only. It's probably because the books on the marketplace are only bronze and copper. If you notice the Don Rosa books don't seem to have much of a premium(if any) = the marketplace doesn't have a high regard for them. It's just no big deal to own a Don Rosa copy.

I agree with Watson, to me it's a collection only. It's probably because the books on the marketplace are only bronze and copper. If you notice the Don Rosa books don't seem to have much of a premium(if any) = the marketplace doesn't have a high regard for them. It's just no big deal to own a Don Rosa copy.
I would also say that late bronze/copper pedigrees do not pull much if any premium regardless of what collection. For example ive bought many Curators for dirt cheap. Winnipegs too.

I mean you guys are entitled to your opinion. Don rosas suck. More for me :)

I would also say that late bronze/copper pedigrees do not pull much if any premium regardless of what collection. For example ive bought many Curators for dirt cheap. Winnipegs too.

Don Rosa's don't suck but they are nothing special. I just sent in a Don Rosa

book to CGC and didn't even bother claiming the pedigree.

Rosa's GA and SA books were bought second hand. Thus not a pedigree.

OK, now that's a pretty good reason.

Yup, talked to Steve about that. I think they are trying from a Ped des. for the second, OO batch of books but there are at least two large collections in there.

Rosa's GA and SA books were bought second hand. Thus not a pedigree.

OK, now that's a pretty good reason.

Except that it is only half right. The GA was bought second hand as rosa was born in..51. He started buying off the rack in 62. By 66 he was working and buying every title off the rack. There are still somewhere around 9700 unreleased OO books from the Don rosa pedigree.

One mans trash is another mans treasure. DR is one of my favorite pedigrees to collect. No other pedigree can i take to a con and talk with the OO about it. I understand DR was run off the forums for one reason another. A shame really as ive always found him very pleasant and enjoy talking with him.

Anyway this is about as much of a debate as a pressing thread. CGC says pedigree. So it is definitely a pedigree. Everyone else can define it however they want.

As far as not designating the book, well Bob i think that is :(

Also for whatever its worth Don rosa superhero books are for the most part unread. He bought them but wasnt into them and never even opened them lol

I understand DR was run off the forums for one reason another. A shame really as ive always found him very pleasant and enjoy talking with him.

So sad that creators who find their way here are run off this forum by forumites that don't know how to host a simple conversation.

One mans trash is another mans treasure. DR is one of my favorite pedigrees to collect. No other pedigree can i take to a con and talk with the OO about it. I understand DR was run off the forums for one reason another. A shame really as ive always found him very pleasant and enjoy talking with him.

Anyway this is about as much of a debate as a pressing thread. CGC says pedigree. So it is definitely a pedigree. Everyone else can define it however they want.

As far as not designating the book, well Bob i think that is :(

Regardless of how CGC designates, I still think of it as a collection. If CGC is willing to certify a book as being from that collection, then I think it should be certified and not lost. Whether one likes the designation applied to the book or not shouldn't keep one from preserving the book's history.

I still say collection:

ff22298wdrc.jpg

I agree with you Doc in the fact that it isnt anywhere in the realm of being a really nice Pedigree. Its quality is more like that of a nice collection.

It isnt a Pac Coast, Curator, Mass., White Mountain, Northland style Pedigree for sure