• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Don Rosa Pedigree

61 posts in this topic

As our Canadian mascot has pointed out, there are several 9.8s in the Don Rosa Collection. BTW... it is a collection, not a pedigree. :)

Its a Pedigree.

Look where the notation is. The name just happens to be The Don Rosa Collection.

As our Canadian mascot has pointed out, there are several 9.8s in the Don Rosa Collection. BTW... it is a collection, not a pedigree. :)

Its a Pedigree.

Look where the notation is. The name just happens to be The Don Rosa Collection.

I don't care where the notation is, it's not a pedigree.

Thanks for pointing out the 9.8s. I do agree with arexcrooke, the CGC label indicates a pedigree, and it will be listed as such on a forthcoming book on pedigrees:

http://www.comicbookpedigrees.com/don-rosa-collection.htm

:roflmao:

We'll all be old & gray when the GA edition of this book comes out and dead & gone when the SA version hits the stands.

Thanks for pointing out the 9.8s. I do agree with arexcrooke, the CGC label indicates a pedigree, and it will be (worship) listed as such on a forthcoming book on pedigrees:

http://www.comicbookpedigrees.com/don-rosa-collection.htm

:roflmao:

We'll all be old & gray when the GA edition of this book comes out and dead & gone when the SA version hits the stands.

That's true. Looks like an interesting book, but it is just like the new price guide website that periodically appears in CBG that always says, "Coming Soon". I just referenced the link because it has some background information on the collection.

Was only considered a collection at first which is why older slabbed (pre2004 iirc) Don rosas have the notation above the PQ. It is my understanding someone from CGC went and viewed the SA/GA at Dons house (its apparantly a MASSIVE collection) since only the bronze and forward books have been sold so far. At that time it was deemed a true pedigree.

I may be off on a few specifics im still a newb and have to piece together storys from the interwebs and greggy table scraps.

Accumulated by world-renowned and Eisner award winning comic book artist, writer, and historian, Keno Don Rosa, this collection contained every comic book and magazine issued from every publisher from 1966 to the late 1980's. Rosa began collecting in earnest in 1962, as he purchased each comic from the newsstands, read them only once, and carefully tucked them away in optimum storage conditions, using archival boxes and a climate controlled "vault." Because they were stored in such an environment with no use of polybags, each book exhibits a brilliant sheen, deep ink reflectivity, sharp corners and a fresh newsstand appearance.