• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Foolkiller's Holiday Sale

2,589 posts in this topic

Until I start the thread again, I will offer the Show 22 CGC 4.5 cr/ow at $2200.

This is a book I will then take down for sale as I'm going to keep it then. The Show 22 CGC 7.0 will remain for sale, as will all other Cap slabs. I'll eventually be listing all the bronze age slabs as well.

Were you ever able to locate a decent 118?

Cap 118 -- I was not... one of the issues that eluded me -- I probably have a raw one, but I doubt it was more than say a VF+, and if it's my only copy, I'm keeping it raw. I actually always look for this book and in the most recent raw run I bought, this was dinged up.

I finally lucked out and got a VFNM+ one on a blind order (no scan) from Superworld - still looking for better, but this must be the toughest book of the run.

Until I start the thread again, I will offer the Show 22 CGC 4.5 cr/ow at $2200.

This is a book I will then take down for sale as I'm going to keep it then. The Show 22 CGC 7.0 will remain for sale, as will all other Cap slabs. I'll eventually be listing all the bronze age slabs as well.

Cap 118 -- I was not... one of the issues that eluded me -- I probably have a raw one, but I doubt it was more than say a VF+, and if it's my only copy, I'm keeping it raw. I actually always look for this book and in the most recent raw run I bought, this was dinged up.

I finally lucked out and got a VFNM+ one on a blind order (no scan) from Superworld - still looking for better, but this must be the toughest book of the run.

Depends on what you mean by the "run". It ranks as the seventh hardest to acquire out of the first 50 issues. It is the least common out of the first 19 issues in VF or better. (Slabbed). The toughest out of the first 50, is issue 139, oddly enough.

Depends on what you mean by the "run". It ranks as the seventh hardest to acquire out of the first 50 issues. It is the least common out of the first 19 issues in VF or better. (Slabbed). The toughest out of the first 50, is issue 139, oddly enough.

In my limited experience. I don't collect slabs, nor do I put much credence in CGC statistics. I've seen one slabbed copy in 9.2 that looked like it was about an 8.5.

I don't even check this thread until late at night, because I have no extra comic money and the temptation would be too great. (I have a very fast internet connection. ;) )

As usual there is some awesome stuff and prices in here.

I don't even check this thread until late at night, because I have no extra comic money and the temptation would be too great. (I have a very fast internet connection. ;) )

As usual there is some awesome stuff and prices in here.

Why should that stop you? It doesn't stop any of the rest of us...

Thanks Brian! Even though I haven't been able to purchase anything yet!!! This has been a fun thread. This reminds me of Nik's old sale threads! Just like this one it becomes a feeding frenzy!

Again Thanks!

cr/ow -- it'll be $110

:takeit:

That was dirty. :baiting:

hm ..questionable. I will defer to Brian...

No worries.... great price, and I had plenty of time to grab it before Brent. But I passed due to the PQ.

I was just giving brent a hard time lol:)

All,

I wanted to take a moment, before we conclude over the next two days, to say thank you to everyone for making this such a spectacular thread. I've had several questions via PM and otherwise asking why I'm selling so cheap, why list so many books, aren't you afraid people are flipping etc.

As I mentioned in the beginning, this is truly my way of saying thank you to all of you.

I would prefer an Itunes giftcard next time.

Good God I got 1100 glorious posts to read in this thread. :cloud9:

I'll sum it up for you, most read " :takeit: "

Now I know why it was 1100 posts, Every book had 15 :takeit:

LMAO

Good God I got 1100 glorious posts to read in this thread. :cloud9:

I'll sum it up for you, most read " :takeit: "

Now I know why it was 1100 posts, Every book had 15 :takeit:

LMAO

My first opportunity to safely post this in this thread! :banana:

Are any being listed tonight? I want to practice my quickdraw :takeit: skills....

(j/k)

You've got to practice your spraying skills to win here!