• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Does Steve Ditko go to Comic-Cons?

38 posts in this topic

He hasn't left his house since 1988, apparently, he was caught making a snow man once - that's the only witnessed account of him being outside.

That isn't true. At the request of Jim Shooter he made a con appearance for valiant comics in the early 90's. He is also known to pop by the Marvel offices to see old friends

At the request of Jim Shooter he made a con appearance for valiant comics in the early 90's.

What?!!! I've never heard that before. At what convention did this supposedly take place? I would think it would have been huge news. I was under the impression that Ditko hadn't made a convention appearance since the very first New York Comicon in 1964.

At the request of Jim Shooter he made a con appearance for valiant comics in the early 90's.

What?!!! I've never heard that before. At what convention did this supposedly take place? I would think it would have been huge news. I was under the impression that Ditko hadn't made a convention appearance since the very first New York Comicon in 1964.

this was during the early 90's It might not have been an actual convention It may have just been something Shooter put together to promote Valiant. Oh and it wasn't announced. Steve showed up.