• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Page Quality or Grade

Grade or Page Quality  

177 members have voted

1. 1. Grade or Page Quality

53 posts in this topic

Just for full disclosure I am selling my first comic in over 15 years in the current ComicLink auction and one of the books I am talking about is mine and the other is someone elses.

I went to take a look at my book to see if there were any bids yet and noticed that there is another copy very similar to it although one has a better grade and the other better page quality which is what got me thinking. Which is more important to people page quality or grade?

The books that got me thinking about this are Green Lantern #1. One is graded 8.5 LT-OW and the other is graded 8.0 White. Which would people most people prefer.

RAD830CF20091022_11519.jpg

or

RADDCCF020091029_132316.jpg

In this case i go with i go with 8.5. That is the cap for ltt/ow and if not for pq this book would have graded much higher.

Normally with only a half grade difference i would have said white pages

There is no hard and fast rule, and it would depend on the specific books.

In this case, with all other things being equal, such as an equivalent selling price, I'd go for the 8.5, as it presents much better and looks noticeably higher grade.

Grade always for myself

Page quality for me at all times

Then you would have loved the white paged Batman #1 that was in NYC.

:cloud9:

In the case of the two GL's....I'd go for the 8.5 hands down. The spine is almost perfect and the color strike is considerably better. Plus you might get a deal because of the PQ. The 8.0 looks like it might have gotten a grade bump because of the PQ....it looks a marginal 8.0 at best. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

P.S. The 8.5 doesn't seem to have any tanning to the edge of he cover stock...which is usually the deal breaker for me.

In this case I'd crack it out and re-sub and hope they only see it as Cream to Off-White the next time.

That's what I was going to say.

When was the book originally graded?

I've had a LT-OW (graded 2002) come back as straight OW (Summer 2009).

There is no hard and fast rule, and it would depend on the specific books.

In this case, with all other things being equal, such as an equivalent selling price, I'd go for the 8.5, as it presents much better and looks noticeably higher grade.

+1 (thumbs u