• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Serious Question - how do you afford these books?

131 posts in this topic

Here are my rules-- not that they are sensible.

All the money I make at my day job goes to the household.

Money I make selling comics, selling other stuff on ebay, doing focus groups, returning wine bottles, selling artwork, and received for birthdays goes to comics. There is an exception to this-- on four occasions I have made a very significant whack of cash painting portraits or selling my art. This money has also gone to the household.

I am on a low budget for comics. I am happy this way. I swear I get the same thrill from buying a copy of Strange Tales from 1964 in fair as anybody else on this board gets from buying a Superman from the early 1940's in near mint.

I swear I get the same thrill from buying a copy of Strange Tales from 1964 in fair as anybody else on this board gets from buying a Superman from the early 1940's in near mint.

And that's what it should be about right? :applause:

Work income goes to the family. Whatever extra money I make from selling comics etc goes to my hobby and sometimes to the family as well. There's ways to make money for the hobby you just need to know how. I shop at goodwill and find some cheap items to flip. Example of one. I found a HP handhleld scanner for 13.00, turned around and sold it on ebay for $250.00, then bought books with that money, I then turned around and traded those books for a 625.00 book. You've got to be creative and think outside the box.

I swear I get the same thrill from buying a copy of Strange Tales from 1964 in fair as anybody else on this board gets from buying a Superman from the early 1940's in near mint.

And that's what it should be about right? :applause:

Actually it depends on which issue of Strange Tales.

(tsk)

OK-- any of the Pre-Hero Strange Tales

-- the Strange Tales from 101 to 168 that had Human Torch, Nick Fury and Dr. Strange

-- the Gene Colon Dr. Stranges

All other issues of Strange Tales give me no thrill at all and never will.

I hope this clarifies my position on "thrills achieved from Strange Tales".