• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

is captain america #14 worth hanging on to?

31 posts in this topic

A) Not as a sidekick. He can appear in the book and not be a sidekick. He's grown beyond that. Otherwise, making him Cap was pointless.

B) War Machine was bad because the creative team was bad. Simply put, get a good one. Otherwise, don't use it. This should be standard practice regardless of the character.

Pat

(A) Not as a sidekick. He can appear in the book and not be a sidekick. He's grown beyond that. Otherwise, making him Cap was pointless.

We don't disagree. Thats why I brought up the supporting characters like Falcon, SCarter and Fury. He would make a great edition to the cast.

(B) War Machine was bad because the creative team was bad. Simply put, get a good one. Otherwise, don't use it. This should be standard practice regardless of the character.

I know. But new solo titles rarely ever get a great creative team, they get the guys that are "trying to get their feet wet". But you never know. Knowing Marvel they will find a way to screw up this character. I hope I'm wrong.

B) War Machine was bad because the creative team was bad. Simply put, get a good one. Otherwise, don't use it. This should be standard practice regardless of the character.

Pat

Unfortunately, there aren't that many good creative teams to go around - ergo, most comics suck.

Why couldn't Brubaker write them both in separate books and do the occassional inter-mixing (of which he's pretty good with).

I'm cool with it either way as long as it's written well.

Pat

Now that would be cool. :cloud9:

How cool would it be if the current Cap book went the way of Tales of Suspense from back in the day. We could have 1/2 and 1/2 Steve Rogers and Bucky stories all written by Brubaker with 2 different artists or something. I don't know how it would work, but it would be pretty cool.

How cool would it be if the current Cap book went the way of Tales of Suspense from back in the day. We could have 1/2 and 1/2 Steve Rogers and Bucky stories all written by Brubaker with 2 different artists or something. I don't know how it would work, but it would be pretty cool.

You guys can read my mind. That would be great...in the perfect world for collectors. But doesn't make sense for Marvel to do that $$$ wise. Its more profitable to make us purchase (2) 3.99 solo titles rather than (1) 4.99 TOS, TTA type book.

The same creative team wouldn't handle both stories anyways.

Cap is currently featuring Nomad backup stories. I'm all for seeing more Bucky stories. While I knew the original Cap would be back, I had a sliver of hope Bucky would stay at the reigns. Cap currently has a strong cast of characters and the books was doing fine without Steve Rogers.