• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

is captain america #14 worth hanging on to?

31 posts in this topic

i've been pulling out all the books i have that i don't read or really want anymore. i noticed this book seems to have some value. should i hold onto it? also, what is a raw, 9.6-9.8 copy worth? i bought it off the shelves because of the throwback cover. it's listed on ebay for no less than $40.

My guess is no, but who knows? With Steve Rogers coming back as Cap I think the Bucky stuff will eventually go down in value.

That book was kind of considered his 1st appearance because he gets his memories back and stops being the Winter Soldier in that issue.

I think it depends on what they do with him after Steve Rogers is Cap again. If it's something cool like "Nightwing" it could keep its value. If he becomes the next "USAgent" its going to drop like a rock.

I think what makes the book desireable is the throw back timely cover.....I think the early issues in the series also had a lower print run too. Still a fairly common book though and the ebay prices have been going down.

I say #14 isn't going anywhere in value. I collect this series and actually missing this book due to the prices they sell for. It will come down in price. Of all the CA V#5 books, I would say the #25's are the best value for going up (SS only in my opinion) or any 9.9's you can find.

Anybody have an idea why this issue is skipped over in the CGC Census? It goes right from 13 to 15?

http://www.cgccomics.com/census/issues_bytitle.asp?title=Captain+America&publisher=Marvel+Comics

I picked up a copy today that is going in and was just curious about census numbers.

Thanks

Joe

Anybody have an idea why this issue is skipped over in the CGC Census? It goes right from 13 to 15?

http://www.cgccomics.com/census/issues_bytitle.asp?title=Captain+America&publisher=Marvel+Comics

I picked up a copy today that is going in and was just curious about census numbers.

Thanks

Joe

Because there aren't any graded????

Thanks

Joe

Wrong series.

http://www.cgccomics.com/census/grades_standard.asp?title=Captain%20America&issue=14&publisher=Marvel%20Comics&year=2006&issuedate=4%2F06

Thanks

Joe

Wrong series.

http://www.cgccomics.com/census/grades_standard.asp?title=Captain%20America&issue=14&publisher=Marvel%20Comics&year=2006&issuedate=4%2F06

lol

It's primary significance is that it's the issue in which Steve Rogers is able to use the Cosmic Cube to make the Winter Soldier remember who he is (Bucky Barnes!), thus effectively restoring and returning Bucky to the Marvel Universe. Only time will tell how much #14 is worth in the future. I would imagine that it should at least retain the value of a $40+ book, it may even go up if Bucky really does remain as the active Captain America for the foreseeable future. The price on this book has gone way up and down over the past couple years, that's for sure.

Another book to take note of is the Winter Soldier's first full appearance before #14 in Captain America #6, so that may really be a sleeper book in terms of value (maybe?).

It's primary significance is that it's the issue in which Steve Rogers is able to use the Cosmic Cube to make the Winter Soldier remember who he is (Bucky Barnes!), thus effectively restoring and returning Bucky to the Marvel Universe. Only time will tell how much #14 is worth in the future. I would imagine that it should at least retain the value of a $40+ book, it may even go up if Bucky really does remain as the active Captain America for the foreseeable future. The price on this book has gone way up and down over the past couple years, that's for sure.

Another book to take note of is the Winter Soldier's first full appearance before #14 in Captain America #6, so that may really be a sleeper book in terms of value (maybe?).

Steve Rogers will be full time Cap again eventually.

So, I believe, the value of #6 & #14 will be primarly based on two factors: (1) scarcity of these books in 9.8, 9.9 and (2) if Bucky/Winter Soldier's future in the Marvel Universe is more "Falcon" than "Nomad".

As for print run, I believe your asking about its estimated sales. Not sure, but if it is... this title was selling in the mid-upper 40K range consistantly. Maybe someone else can confirm that.

#2 is definitely a big one. Frankly, I'm a bit scared based on Siege #2. SOOOOO cheesy when Bucky tells him to take the shield and pulls out the Liefeld gun.

A) Bucky needs the cybernetic arm (not covered).

B) He needs to standalone. He's too bad-arsed to be a friggin sidekick.

Pat

B) He needs to standalone. He's too bad-arsed to be a friggin sidekick.

When you say "standalone"? Do you mean another major supporting character like Falcon, Sharon Carter, Nick Fury already in the title? Something along the lines of a Jim Rhodes/War Machine in IM titles...

or

a Jim Rhodes/War Machine with the bad and failed solo titles?