• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Detective Comics #37 and New Silver and Bronze High Grade being added!

153 posts in this topic

Hey gang.

Pre Robin, Batman Tec here. Book is complete. Tiny piece missing at top edge of front cover is still with the comic, just not attached. This book is complete and not brittle. Page quality is c/ow... but the book is readable. I have read it. There is tape on the spine (inside and out) and on the opening edge of the inside front cover. Staples are original, clean and shiny. Page quality is noticeably better as you move in from the edges.

It's not a NM example, but these early Tec Batman books are extremely popular and yet tough to find...especially unrestored which this one is. Guide prices are really just a guide as these early Batman appearances, just like early Action Superman appearances generally sell at multiples of guide. This is about as affordable a complete, unrestored copy as you can find. Recent comparable sales have a

CGC 1.8 copy @ $1554 05/07, a

CGC 3.5 @ $4160 10/08 and very recent boards sale of a

CGC 2.5 @ $4000 and a

CGC 3.5 @ $5300.

Asking $2400.

Please PM me with any questions or concerns. Thanks!

Detective37frontcover.jpg

th_Detective37insidesplash.jpg th_Detective37centerfold.jpg th_Detective37backcover.jpg th_Detective37insidebackcover.jpg

That is the only GA Tec I got my man. For sale anyways.

:devil:

Weren't you collecting these older Detectives at one time?

Very attractive price by the way... (thumbs u

Jim

Jim, I was. Thought they were very cool but I rotated copies as I couldn't afford to keep them all.

This is a tough one for me to sell.

Detective Comics #15 8.0 slight professional restoration. Book was bought raw. Resto consists of tiny bit of support at bottom staple, slight corner fill in at top and bottom of spine, small piece of tape removed from interior bottom edge of front cover, and then a tear seal in that area. No big pieces added, books is 99% original. Very tiny amount of color touch in repaired areas. Book has an incredible eye appeal due to state of preservation. This book has a classic Flessel cover and also sports (unknowingly to most) the first printed appearance of Superman in the form of an ad for Action #1 on the inside cover. This book hit the newsstands one full month before Action #1 did. OSPG erroneously does not notate this for issue #15 but does note it for issue #16. Very little sales data to go by. A killer copy of a tough book in high grade with a classic cover and Superman's first printed appearance. Asking $3700.

DetectiveComics15.jpg

th_DetectiveComics15back.jpg th_DetectiveComics15Interiorcover.jpg th_DetectiveComics15backphoto.jpg th_DetectiveComics15photo.jpg

America's Best Comics #7 restored 6.0 range. Tiny piece off of back cover top right corner. Book has been conserved in that single, center staple has been supported but not color touched. tear seal at top right. Work was performed by Chris Friesen who now works for CGC and comes with his original certificate from 1998. Incredibly desirable book with a Hitler, Hirohito and Mussolini cover. Don't know how to price this but a 1.8 copy recently sold for $400. Asking $1050 for this super tough book.

AmericasBestComics74_5MP.jpg

Captain America Comics #7. grade is 1.8/2.0 as cover is detached but eye appeal is high as primary flaw is spine split. Centerfold is married from another copy. Otherwise book is complete. Asking $750 SOLD! As notated in guide this is a classic Simon/Kirby cover. Red Skull app.

CaptainAmericaComics7.jpg

Captain Marvel Adventures 28 7.5 Terrific patriotic war time cover. Single crease at bottom right keep this book from grading in the 9+ range. Book has very high grade pedigree like qualities include suppleness, strong color strike and good page quality.

Asking $325 previously, now $285 SOLD!

CaptainMarvelAdventures281.jpg

Flash Comics #10 6.5 (SP) my favorite cover of the run with Flash, lithe as can be, drawn by Moldoff rushing in to save the curly hairy, curvy brunette. Noted as a classic cover in OSPG. The Moldoff Hawkman story in this book is just fantastic!

:cloud9:

Resto is containted to a very small amount of reinforcement and color touch at the bottom staple. The rest of the book is gorgeous and would likely have graded a very pretty 4.5/4.5 before the repair.

Asking $750 previously, now $675 SOLD!

FlashComics10.jpg