• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Detective Comics #37 and New Silver and Bronze High Grade being added!

153 posts in this topic

No love for a pre Robin Batman Tec, first printed appearance of Superman or a classic cover tough to find Nedor?

:shy:

I'll entertain offers, folks.

Flash Comics #10 6.5 (SP) my favorite cover of the run with Flash, lithe as can be, drawn by Moldoff rushing in to save the curly hairy, curvy brunette.

:roflmao:

I have a soft spot for a curly haired, curvy brunette.

:grin:

Maybe she won't love me cause of that typo now.

:eek:

:baiting: You need it Mac Man...need is different than want..get it!!!

Well, I doubt Roy's going to be willing to sell me just the cover ;)

Sure he will, just offer $2400 for it.... (:

If there are two people who want the interior and cover separately, I'd be happy to work something out.

(thumbs u

But who should pay more for their piece?

I guess that remains to be seen. Interiors and covers of bigger books are always desirable.

I'm actually curious which half...if you will..is deemed more valuable.

Well I sold an interior Tec #35 with back cover (front cover missing) for between $1K and 1.5K (can't remember) and I've seen a cover for a Tec #35 go for $5K although I believe that deal fell through. It sell for a strong amount though as a boardie bought it.

I think the cover fetches the premium as it is the first to go.

Maybe 60/40 or 70/30

(shrug)

Just a guess.

It is way easier to find coverless books than covers without books. It depends on the book, but from what I've seen on eBay coverless copies of pre-Robin Tec's go for a fraction of the complete books. I recently bought a coverless copy of Tec 32 (which was also missing the last page) for $145 on eBay. Another coverless copy of a pre-Robin Tec (I forget which one) went for about $250. Obviously a Tec 35 will go for much more because the splash is excellent and it sells for more than most other pre-Robin Tecs.

If you have a coverless book and find a cover (or the reverse) the value of the combination will skyrocket. The problem is that with the cover you can most likely find a coverless book, but if you have a coverless book you may never find a cover.

Mike

Roy (tsk) surely your not advocating butchering the book.

:makepoint:

Actually, no. But it did bring a keen thought to mind. If there were owners of both an interior and a cover here on the boards, I am sure that they would be able to work something out where one of them could have a married copy and the other could end up with this book.

With that said, I've had several people (dealers included) in contact with me about this book...I just think we are getting close enough to Christmas though, that times are getting tight for some.

I'm motivated to sell, folks.

:grin:

I think one key to the coverless vs cover only debate also needs to consider the cover book without a centerfold (or two) or other missing interior pieces . Again the cover with incomplete interior has vastly more value but a marriage and desire for the coverless complete book has to be pretty high especially on a key book. I'm still looking for a coverless Archie 1 for about 2 years now.

OK gang, new stuff being added at decent prices. Everything from mid 60's to the 80's, mostly high grade, all raw.

Coming up....