• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Chuck realizes his prices are too low...vows to correct problem.

44 posts in this topic

It's just good business to raise prices on stock that already isn't selling.

you don't have to sell as much that way. we often talk about raising the price on everything and only try to sell a few of them.... lol

Sigh. I'm still waiting for a bunch of comics I bought off their ebay site. It took them a week to send me an invoice (and I was requesting it at least once a day...). Now it's been about 2 weeks since I paid. I wish they had some sort of level of customer service that you could actually reach a person when you have questions....

lol that guy is not smoking pot, he's smoking crack. Ya, it's a good idea to mass email your clientel that you will start marking up all CGC books in your inventory. That should cause a mass flood of consumers to his site.

But seriously, is what he's doing any different than what some of the flippers on this board do?

I would guess that he's telling his fan-base: Hmm. Look at all these bargins I have been giving...I must be crazy...I had better increase my prices SOON.

An obvious attempt to get people to "buy now" while the prices are still "low".

I wonder if the ghost of Edgar Church haunts him...

This was the last straw for me, personally. Just sent an unsubscribe message to Lynne, which reads as following;

Normally, I'm able to ignore Chuck when he mentions anything about his prices. His prices are so ludicrous across the board that his statements about being inexpensive or that he's got great deals is normally worth a nice laugh. And in truth, one can find good deals on milehighcomics.com, but one has to know where to look. Certainly not in the CGC section, that is.

Which brings me to the following;

"In the meantime, however, I'm going to need to review all of our existing CGC listings. There were just too many instances during yesterday's auction where I saw comics selling for far above what we have been asking on our website. As I have mentioned several times in the past, I have to tread a careful path of keeping our prices as low as possible, but at the same time leaving us enough margin to both restock scarce comics that we sell, while also covering our operating costs. Based on what I was forced to pay in yesterday's auction, the market for many early Silver Age comics is very, very strong right now. Our back issue comics suppliers are obviously going to take note of that fact, so the next time that I have to negotiate with them for wholesale back issues, I'll clearly be having to pay them more."

Quite possibly the single most disingenuous thing I've ever read. Chuck knows damn well the difference between what was brought up to auction by Mound City and his assorted CGC offerings, most of which start at 10x fair market value only to be marked down to 3x or 4x market value by one of his codeword sales. It's an insult to anyone who knows anything about the Silver Age market, especially pre-1962 DCs, which are ridiculously scarce in grade.

Unusubscribe me please.

Enough's enough already

This was the last straw for me, personally. Just sent an unsubscribe message to Lynne, which reads as following;

Normally, I'm able to ignore Chuck when he mentions anything about his prices. His prices are so ludicrous across the board that his statements about being inexpensive or that he's got great deals is normally worth a nice laugh. And in truth, one can find good deals on milehighcomics.com, but one has to know where to look. Certainly not in the CGC section, that is.

"In the meantime, however, I'm going to need to review all of our existing CGC listings. There were just too many instances during yesterday's auction where I saw comics selling for far above what we have been asking on our website. As I have mentioned several times in the past, I have to tread a careful path of keeping our prices as low as possible, but at the same time leaving us enough margin to both restock scarce comics that we sell, while also covering our operating costs. Based on what I was forced to pay in yesterday's auction, the market for many early Silver Age comics is very, very strong right now. Our back issue comics suppliers are obviously going to take note of that fact, so the next time that I have to negotiate with them for wholesale back issues, I'll clearly be having to pay them more."

Quite possibly the single most disingenuous thing I've ever read. Chuck knows damn well the difference between what was brought up to auction by Mound City and his assorted CGC offerings, most of which start at 10x fair market value only to be marked down to 3x or 4x market value by one of his codeword sales. It's an insult to anyone who knows anything about the Silver Age market, especially pre-1962 DCs, which are ridiculously scarce in grade.

Unusubscribe me please.

Enough's enough already

You shouldn't berate the mentally ill for being mentally ill.

It's just good business to raise prices on stock that already isn't selling.

you don't have to sell as much that way. we often talk about raising the price on everything and only try to sell a few of them.... lol

That's kind of the logic my employer uses. His argument is always, "We've got to make money." Except that we aren't making any money because we've priced our products & services 3 to 4 times higher than our competitors.

Unusubscribe me please.

Enough's enough already

May whatever road you travel be pony-tail free.... :P

Unusubscribe me please.

Enough's enough already

:whee:

Come'on Down to Crazy Chuck's

Our prices are so low it's INSANE!

Stop me before I sell them at this cheap price!

If you don't buy now you'll pay more for less somewhere else..

That's crazy Chuck's

Home of the Mile High prices..I mean bargains

Save save save!

We're going out for business!

See the slabs at the home of the swinging ponytail!!

I just saw the slabbed NYX # 3 CGC 9.8.

Reduced from $2500 to $675. :roflmao:

:screwy: Is the man on drugs?

I got a better one:

http://milehighcomics.com/cgi-bin/backissue.cgi?action=enlarge&issue=36651495156%2032%20SPECCGC9.6

I have a 9.8 SS copy of this book coming back from CGC signed by 5 artists that I will sell for the same price as Chuck's price on this 9.6 blue. Any takers?

I just saw the slabbed NYX # 3 CGC 9.8.

Reduced from $2500 to $675. :roflmao:

:screwy: Is the man on drugs?

I got a better one:

http://milehighcomics.com/cgi-bin/backissue.cgi?action=enlarge&issue=36651495156%2032%20SPECCGC9.6

I have a 9.8 SS copy of this book coming back from CGC signed by 5 artists that I will sell for the same price as Chuck's price on this 9.6 blue. Any takers?

:screwy: