• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Signature Series and health of high end grails

136 posts in this topic

I believe our give and take open non hostile dialogue has disintergrated..Lets talk about something with lots of room for debate.

I like pasta with a spicy red sauce and lil sweet peas and onions.What is that dish called?

I believe our give and take open non hostile dialogue has disintergrated..Lets talk about something with lots of room for debate.

I like pasta with a spicy red sauce and lil sweet peas and onions.What is that dish called?

Can you get a pic with the chef's name written in spaghetti?

There's room for debate...it just seems that pro-sig or anti-sig, most people believe that a pre-1990 ban is a bad idea.

And I think it's Chicken Cacciatore (spelling?)

I think all those books with marker all over them should be PLOD's but that is just my preference...The splash page or the CGC holder should be auto'ed...not the cover!!

There is a book for sale on here right now that has scribbling all over the cover but it's in a CGC yellow holder so it must be a value add!

According to whom?

Is yellow a better color, more aesthetically pleasing, than blue?

And what makes green and purple colors that are worthy of disdain?

It is not, after all, the label that imputes greatness.

It is rather, the greatness which dictates the label.

levitation.gif

I don't know what it is called, but it sounds delicious.

There's room for debate...it just seems that pro-sig or anti-sig, most people believe that a pre-1990 ban is a bad idea.

I think there are several things at play here. These come to mind....

1) A Sig, to me, used to be a special thing because it was tough to get. If it was a case of where only a select amount of books would be signed then it would make the sig much more desirable for me. People are drawn to what they can't have. IF Stan Lee handed out 1,000,000 sigs to Americans via the mail I can't help but think that it wouldn't be as desirable.

2) People's appreciation for placement of sigs vary. I won't own a book with the sig on the outside unless it's something exceptional where the sig looks like the artwork (Bill Everett anyone?)

3) People who don't need or want sigs will always be peeved that books are getting "defaced". It's just a fact. Take an Avengers #4 CGC 9.4, put a big black sig on the front cover and to me that book is just another ruined copy. Someone else might love it but it polarizes collectors.

4) Cost. Sigs are cool as long as the cost doesn't exceed the value someone places on it.

Look at me. I'm making this sound like a pressing thread.

I don't know the official name but, in Uganda they use these ingredients to compliment their favorite dish...and from what I have heard..it is delish...---Deep fried chicken butthholes...I can't wait to go to Uganda..It's going to be awesome!!!!

I don't know the official name but, in Uganda they use these ingredients to compliment their favorite dish...and from what I have heard..it is delish...---Deep fried chicken butthholes...I can't wait to go to Uganda..It's going to be awesome!!!!

I bet they serve those on Uranus...

Don't be silly..people can't breath in Uranus..it freakin stinks!!

Wait, how would you know...?

hm

I think all those books with marker all over them should be PLOD's but that is just my preference...The splash page or the CGC holder should be auto'ed...not the cover!!

There is a book for sale on here right now that has scribbling all over the cover but it's in a CGC yellow holder so it must be a value add!

According to whom?

Is yellow a better color, more aesthetically pleasing, than blue?

And what makes green and purple colors that are worthy of disdain?

It is not, after all, the label that imputes greatness.

It is rather, the greatness which dictates the label.

levitation.gif

Zen and the Art of Comic Book Collecting, by R. M. Amadeus

Wait, how would you know...?

hm

In your drunken ramblings, you think nobody was paying attention...