• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guys I need some help here...

Should I get...  

144 members have voted

1. 1. Should I get...

21 posts in this topic

Sandman #1 because it is a Copper key, the 1st appearance of one of the greatest characters created in the last 40 years, and the beginning to the best 75 issue run in comics history.

Yeah, what he said.

There's realllllly no comparison between the 2.

MM may beat Sandman as a whole (which is really like saying what's better, Godfather or Godfather II) but #1 vs. #17.....not so much.

Well, Sandman #1 had a print run that was about three times the size of the one that Miracleman #17 had - but the MM #17 has a heavy cardstock cover that lends itself well to higher grades (as evidenced by the lone CGC 9.9 copy of MM #17 sitting at the top of the census, and no 9.9 copies of Sandman #1).

Neither of them are going to be particularly hard to find in CGC 9.8 going forward, but my personal vote goes towards the Sandman #1 because ... well ... it's the first issue of one of the finest comic book series ever created.

What does at 9.8 Sandman 1 go for? I take it it still isn't at the $450 or whatever CGC was touting in Wizard ads a few years ago?

Copies have been selling between $175-$250.

Which I think is more reasonable price. Plus There are more 9.8's graded now then there were a cupple of years ago so the demand isn't quite as high as it used to be.