• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Happy Friday the 13th

32 posts in this topic

I remember the first time I saw the Friday 13th movie. I was about 10 and they played it on TV for the first time. Scary .

I remember seeing it on cable at age 10 or 11, something like that, we are the same age so somewhere around the same time I guess. Anyway, ya, scared the poop outta me! I ALWAYS checked under the bed after that and STILL expected to feel the point of a hunting arrow poking through at some point ..

/shiver

I remember the first time I saw the Friday 13th movie. I was about 10 and they played it on TV for the first time. Scary .

I remember seeing it on cable at age 10 or 11, something like that, we are the same age so somewhere around the same time I guess. Anyway, ya, scared the poop outta me! I ALWAYS checked under the bed after that and STILL expected to feel the point of a hunting arrow poking through at some point ..

/shiver

Yeah, it was cable. Not sure about the time of year but I definitely had trouble looking out of windows at night after that.

We were probably about the same age.

What was the best tool Jason used to kill someone?

I remember seeing the first couple in the theatre and I think it was the third one in 3D where he used a weedeater

My favorite was easily zipping up someone in a sleeping bag and beating them against a tree.

My favorite kill is the leather strap around the tree in part 5 (even though that really wasn't Jason...).

2nd favorite is the heart grab through Horshack's chest in part 6 :)

Favorite power tool kill would have to be that extended circular saw he killed the psychiatrist with in part 7.

What was the best tool Jason used to kill someone?

I remember seeing the first couple in the theatre and I think it was the third one in 3D where he used a weedeater

My favorite was easily zipping up someone in a sleeping bag and beating them against a tree.

Classic scene recreated in Jason X and the remake where he burned the chick up in the campfire :devil:

I feel so lame, I haven't seen any Jason or Freddy movies. I can say, however, my favorite horror movie is Ringu. The novel (which is what the movie is based off of) is a lot creepier though.

I haven't see the original, but here is a story of when I watched The Ring for the first time which was on DVD. I was alone in the house watching the movie because that was the safest time .. wife can't stand scary stuff and no need for the kids to be around. Anyway, as soon as Rachel finishes watching the video for the first time in the cabin, my home phone rang!!!!! No kidding!!! It was my mother-in-law looking for my wife. I told her she just nearly scared the life outta me.

I feel so lame, I haven't seen any Jason or Freddy movies. I can say, however, my favorite horror movie is Ringu. The novel (which is what the movie is based off of) is a lot creepier though.

I haven't see the original, but here is a story of when I watched The Ring for the first time which was on DVD. I was alone in the house watching the movie because that was the safest time .. wife can't stand scary stuff and no need for the kids to be around. Anyway, as soon as Rachel finishes watching the video for the first time in the cabin, my home phone rang!!!!! No kidding!!! It was my mother-in-law looking for my wife. I told her she just nearly scared the life outta me.

Something similar happened to me after I watched the original. If you can, find an English version of the novel It's amazing. Also, the Japanese sequels are pretty good, but kind of hoaky.

Something similar happened to me after I watched the original. If you can, find an English version of the novel It's amazing. Also, the Japanese sequels are pretty good, but kind of hoaky.

As the credits rolled my cell rang.

You should turn your phone off when you're in the cinema. :makepoint:

You should turn your phone off when you're in the cinema. :makepoint:

It was on light up in my pocket, I pulled it out to check the time, I always check the time at the end of a movie to make sure it was actually the amount of time advertised. I don't know why I do this.

Friday the 13th Movies though, now that's 80s nostalgia.