• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Happy Friday the 13th

32 posts in this topic

I feel so lame, I haven't seen any Jason or Freddy movies. I can say, however, my favorite horror movie is Ringu. The novel (which is what the movie is based off of) is a lot creepier though.

I haven't see the original, but here is a story of when I watched The Ring for the first time which was on DVD. I was alone in the house watching the movie because that was the safest time .. wife can't stand scary stuff and no need for the kids to be around. Anyway, as soon as Rachel finishes watching the video for the first time in the cabin, my home phone rang!!!!! No kidding!!! It was my mother-in-law looking for my wife. I told her she just nearly scared the life outta me.

Something similar happened to me after I watched the original. If you can, find an English version of the novel It's amazing. Also, the Japanese sequels are pretty good, but kind of hoaky.

As the credits rolled my cell rang.

You should turn your phone off when you're in the cinema. :makepoint:

I was at a friends house and a bunch of us were watching this movie. The kids were playing in the next room w/ the door closed. At the point in the movie when they push the lid off the well, the kids knock over a large dresser in the other room and the whole house shakes w/ a violent noise as the lid falls. Scared the s**t out of everybody in the room. :o

:grin: (thumbs u

Andrew

p.s. no kids were hurt. :applause:

I remember the first time I saw the Friday 13th movie. I was about 10 and they played it on TV for the first time. Scary .

I remember seeing it on cable at age 10 or 11, something like that, we are the same age so somewhere around the same time I guess. Anyway, ya, scared the poop outta me! I ALWAYS checked under the bed after that and STILL expected to feel the point of a hunting arrow poking through at some point ..

/shiver

Yeah, it was cable. Not sure about the time of year but I definitely had trouble looking out of windows at night after that.

We were probably about the same age.

I saw it at the theater back in 1980 with my friend Richard when we were both 13. Dang, that was a great movie...I still remember the guy getting the arrow through his throat from under the bed (Was that Kevin Bacon?) Looking back, the theater we used to go to never restricted us from seeing R rated movies.

My favorite F13 kill is from part 7 when the girl opens the door, Jason puts an axe in her head and tosses her across the room, landing behind a TV set. Something about that scene is just crazy to me. Not a kill but I also love from 4 when Jason is chasing the final girl and she runs head first out a 2nd story window. Again, just an over the top scene.