• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

POLL : What is the current state of the market for slabs?

From the perspective of the seller, what is the current general state of the sales market for 1950-1980 slabs?  

186 members have voted

1. 1. From the perspective of the seller, what is the current general state of the sales market for 1950-1980 slabs?

19 posts in this topic

From the perspective of the SELLER, what would you rate the current state of the sales market for all slabs in general, from the 1950 to 1980 era that are NOT the highest graded copy of that particular issue?

(i.e. I am not talking about the astronomical sales prices paid for certain silver age books that were the highest graded copies in existance)

I used a comic based rating system, where a 4.0 "very good" is actually a lower than average grade (i.e. the market is less than average in terms of sales prices)

Are you referring to...

(a) The prices being paid?

(b) The ease with which the books sell?

© The number of similar copies currently on the market?

(d) The prices related to GPA/Overstreet/originally paid?

(shrug)

All of the above.

As a seller, I think my concern would be getting a "fair price" in a "reasonable" amount of time, especially for more popular titles. I think this means that I am getting close to the average GPA prices for the past couple years for the slabs I am selling.