• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

One Ugly Book ! Help Me Grade X-Men 94

33 posts in this topic

Just cos he already left you positive feedback, doesnt mean this can't be mentioned on his.

He HAS been fraudulent with this! That damage should have been disclosed!

But of course, drop him a line, some sellers play on this sort of transaction. Email and ask for a refund or partial refund of $100, brining it down to what it is worth.

State that water damage of its kind makes it a 2.5 MAX. Just see what he says, it could be good for you, but either way, no retaliation neg! thumbsup2.gif

maggy; i can't quite make out the 3 lines written on the plastic cover. i think the bottom one says it's the 2d new x-men or somesuch, but did either of the others attempt to assign a grade?? if so, you'd have a much stronger case, although it's not really needed. not disclosing that stain is inexcusable. good luck 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Unfortunately , the seller was only willing to offer a $42 refund, which I refused. The book is not worth anywhere close to $100. I asked for a 50% refund, which is still way more than the book is worth. I'll have to settle for leaving negative feedback. AVOID THIS GUY LIKE THE PLAGUE " bigredguycomics" !!! 893frustrated.gif

That do suck..! Interestingly, the guy has other recent negs indicating a pattern of deception when it comes to stains and undisclosed damage of various kinds. Also, he's got bids from a buyer named 'bigredcomics,' which seems too close to 'bigredguycomics' to be a coincidence...unless redheads or natie americans or both are some sort of covert society dealing in damaged funnybooks..? Steve B., call the Konspiracy Kops - there are a bunch of paranoid people after me!!

uh - garth; you don't suppose that someone would be so stupid as to Shill bid their auction with a name they made up that was virtually identical to their normal one, would ya?!?! or maybe SO dumb that they were afraid that they might forget their shill ID if it wasn't REAL close ?!?! grin.gif

Did I blow the post? I thought you could cut and paste the link ?

The link is fine, but in Feedback, it's not clickable. People read EBay Feedback, it's not an interactive experience, and personally I've seen hundreds of "go to this link" entries and never once clicked on one.

When you leave a Neg, state EXACTLY why in as few words as possible, and never rely on outside links or sources.

Here's an example. Pretend you're a buyer looking at the seller's feedback. Which would impact you more?

1) go to boards.collectors-society... blah, blah, blah

2) HORRIBLE WATER STAINS - Would Not Refund - SHOP ELSEWHERE!

Did I blow the post? I thought you could cut and paste the link ?

The link is fine, but in Feedback, it's not clickable. People read EBay Feedback, it's not an interactive experience, and personally I've seen hundreds of "go to this link" entries and never once clicked on one.

When you leave a Neg, state EXACTLY why in as few words as possible, and never rely on outside links or sources.

You can leave a follow-up remark that states, "Comic received in horrible condition! Water stain on back cover!" or words to that effect.

Or can one NOT leave follow-up remarks on Ebayers who are no longer registered?