• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ANYONE COMING TO TORONTO....

148 posts in this topic

Maybe I should change my subject line.... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I was just wondering which forum members are thinking about coming. I didn't make it to the CGC FORUM DINNER last time.....but I definately will this time around.

And like it said....

FIRST ROUND IS ON ME!!

Hey guys!

The next Paradise Comics Toronto Comicon is happening on JUNE 18-20, 2004 at the same location at Exhibition place.

Details are coming together - check out our website www.torontocomicon.com for regular updates.

We actually tried to move the show to a hotel this time around but we didn't have much luck. Since SARS happened last year, Toronto hotels want a big room commitment up front and at this time we could only guarantee approximately 50 hotel rooms on top of the ballroom rentals for the actual show - if we could say we needed 250 that would take us on without hesitation... even though the rooms may end up being empty, almost every hotel we spoke to said that they are know until the last minute (4-6 weeks before the show) before giving us the space to clients with smaller room commitments, and with a show of this size, with lots of guests and dealers, we can't put it together in that amount of time.

That being said, if there's interest, we might do more one-day shows at the Hilton.

We have adjusted the floor plan to tighten things up and make the hall seem less empty and allow for more panel rooms on the convention floor itself.

Guests so far include:

DARWYN COOKE

ROY THOMAS

JIMMY PALMIOTTI

AMANDA CONNER

TY TEMPLETON

DAVE ROSS

PAUL RIVOCHE

CAMERON STEWART

RAMON PEREZ

BRIGHT ANVIL STUDIOS (they do Runaways for Marvel among other things)

Many more guest announcements are on their way.... we're just confirming things with their schedules.

Two very definite possibilities are:

CARY NORD (Conan)

DAVE SIM & GERHARD (Cerebus)

and we should know whether or not they are coming by the end of this week.

...plus nearly every dealer and Artist's Alley person we had at the last show along with a bunch of new faces.

Just a side note: Admission prices are going to be lower this time.

Kev

Hey Beyonder, i dont remember, but has anyone ever taken a poll to see exactly how many torontonians are on this forum? We gotta be making up at least a chunk of the populace, someone from t.o. always seems to be on. cool.gif

Not sure if there was a poll, but I started this thread a while back..... who lives in T.O.?

Well, last time Forum members got to come to the show party on Saturday night.

This time, I think we are having a party again but we haven't decided where yet.

I don't think we will have a specific discount for forum members, but I think a good chunk of you are already Paradise members, and all Paradise members get $2 off their admission if they show their membership card when paying admission.

Local Forum members who want to help out at the show can get it in for free, just talk to Peter, Doug or myself for the details.

For example, ALEXH, MITOL, and DAM60 all helped out at the show, so they didn't have to pay to get in.

Kev

Guests so far include:

DARWYN COOKE ======WHO?

ROY THOMAS ======WHO?

JIMMY PALMIOTTI ======WHO?

AMANDA CONNER ======WHO?

TY TEMPLETON ======WHO?

DAVE ROSS ======WHO?

PAUL RIVOCHE ======WHO?

CAMERON STEWART ======WHO?

RAMON PEREZ ======WHO?

devil.gifdevil.gifdevil.gifdevil.gifdevil.gifdevil.gifdevil.gifdevil.gifdevil.gifdevil.gifdevil.gifdevil.gif27_laughing.gif

June temperatures tend to range from pleasant (65-75) to down right nasty (80-90). It isn't so much the temperature, as the humidity.

The nights in June are very comfortable usually. The temperature inside the convention building should be very nice, as there is a very high ceiling so the heat will easily dissipate.