• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ANYONE COMING TO TORONTO....

148 posts in this topic

anyone wants to get a US dealers take on the show I suggest they talk with Koop, who said he had a great show (he said he did better at our show than at Wizard World Dallas on the comicbookconvention.com message board).

Kev

Not that i'm nitpicking or anything but I think its actually

www.comicbookconventions.com

without the s at the end you get a guy tryign to see the domain at $500

Hey how far is it to Toronto from Lake Scugog. My cousin and I are going to be around that area fishing for 2 weeks right at that time. If it's not to far I'll be there for a brew or two.

Hey richnerd

Lake Scugog has some of the best bass, walleye/pickerel and musky fishing in all of Ontario. It truly is one of Ontario's best kept secrets, and if you don't mind working the weed-beds, get ready for some prime-time action thumbsup2.gif

I spent nearly every weekend for the past two summers fishing Lake Scugog. As kevthemev mentioned, its about a 45 minute drive from Toronto. There are a number of ways to get there. When your down here, drop me a quick PM/email. I could give you the directions to get to the Con from Scugog, and if scheduling permits, I wouldn't mind even hooking-up with you and your cousin and show you some the spots I work on the lake hi.gif

That sounds great, our own personal guide. thumbsup2.gif He has a big enough boat to fish 4 out of and to store all the comics I plan on bringing back to the states. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif I would really appreciate dirrections to the convention from the lake you can PM me if you want. Hey beyonder since we have room for another maybe the first round you was gonna buy can start a little early on the boat. 893applaud-thumb.gif

And as for hitting the weeds, the lakes I mainly fish here are weed covered, I love to flip for some bass. nothing like flippin a worm into a tight hole and fighting a nice size bass out of it. I'll have to get you more details on the 2 weeks I'll be there and where we will be staying.

Rich thumbsup2.gif

Some more names for the guest list:

ANDY LEE

STUART SAYGER

MICHAEL KALUTA

Kev

Ah! Three repeaters if I remember correctly!

Andy Lee - the God of Rice Paper!

Stuart Sayger - he did a GREAT Hulk piece for the charity auction that I inadvertently got into a bidding war with ComicWiz for! 27_laughing.gif (Sorry Joe - I couldn't tell it was you way up there! tongue.gif )

Mike Kaluta - what a champ. Alex's Swamp Thing by Kaluta gets the #1 price for best con sketch! 893applaud-thumb.gif

Kev - are you a definite with the date? If so I'll book my plane tickets now thumbsup2.gif

DAM

Hey Dave,

Yep... three repeats. Andy Lee gets my vote as nicest artist in comics today, while Kaluta is the best convention guest ever. Stuart did me a beautiful Dr. Doom that I will scan and put up one of these days.

Dates are definitely JUNE 18-20.

Kev

Hey Dave,

Yep... three repeats. Andy Lee gets my vote as nicest artist in comics today, while Kaluta is the best convention guest ever. Stuart did me a beautiful Dr. Doom that I will scan and put up one of these days.

Dates are definitely JUNE 18-20.

Kev

Andy Lee is most definitely super nice and it really impressed me that Kaluta was actually at his spot for the vast majority of the con! He was there for the vast majority of all three days and was very accomodating and a way cool guy. Would love to see the Sayger Doom!

June 18-20 - Looking forward to it! smile.gif

DAM

Andy Lee - the God of Rice Paper!

Stuart Sayger - he did a GREAT Hulk piece for the charity auction that I inadvertently got into a bidding war with ComicWiz for! (Sorry Joe - I couldn't tell it was you way up there! )

No worries Dave thumbsup2.gif

I was willing to go the distance on that piece.

OMG 893whatthe.gif

You just reminded me that I have to pick up my Superman/Batman Sayger piece from Paradise Comics. Its been there for awhile!!!

I'll pick it up by end of week, and post it on the boards. Stuart is just AWESOME! Stuart, if you're reading these threads, I've got another commission coming to you at the next Toronto Comicon flowerred.gif

Andy Lee is not only one of the most talented artists I've ever had the pleasure of meeting, he is quite possibly the nicest human being I have ever met!! cloud9.gif

Two more confirmations:

J. Bone

(inker X-Statix)

Paul Ryan

(penciller - numerous Marvel and DC titles in the 1990's, recently worked for CrossGen and is now pencilling THE PHANTOM for Swedish publisher Egmont)

Kev