• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Do we have a complete set of Action Comics between all the board members?

73 posts in this topic

my point is, those "big 4" come up so infrequently for public sale, that they are down right "scarce" .... give me a month, I can complete 100-200 (might can do it in a week during SDCC, or such)...just comparing apples to oranges

I would be very interested in taking you up on that challenge, but as I have not the resources to fund such a venture, alas, it remains an exercise in hypothesis only.

:)

RMA.

With all due respect Rick IS the run master.

this is just an exercise in fun... but, it did only take about 15 minutes to "hypothetically" put 99% of the run together lol

And just slightly longer if you did it for real :acclaim:

my point is, those "big 4" come up so infrequently for public sale, that they are down right "scarce" .... give me a month, I can complete 100-200 (might can do it in a week during SDCC, or such)...just comparing apples to oranges

I would be very interested in taking you up on that challenge, but as I have not the resources to fund such a venture, alas, it remains an exercise in hypothesis only.

RMA.

this is just an exercise in fun... but, it did only take about 15 minutes to "hypothetically" put 99% of the run together lol

true, I would have to wait for them to arrive in the mail...that could take a week (assuming I could afford them, which I can't) lol

doing a quick search around the internet (10 minutes), I have located 97 of the 100 issues available... and that was about 10 minutes of work and only 4 sites (clink, ebay, payette and metro)...

only issues I didn't see at least one or more copies of were 145, 157 and 163

but I am sure given a few more minutes, could easily find, so I will lay that "hypothesis" to rest, if you will concede how easy it was :baiting: ...

In response to this, I'm going to find out how long it will take to find #1-100 for sale somewhere.... ;)

But not today, I'm lazy today.

well, I can tell you no one has a 1, 7, 10 or 13...so forget about it :baiting:

Actually, I know of one forumite who almost never posts who has a 7, 10, 13. I don't know about #1 though. If I had to guess, I would say no, but it is possible. (BTW, I am coming in on the end of the thread, so I could be totally lost here).

I probably have #240 - 600 on Action. I haven't looked in a long time though.

I would suspect that of all copies extant, there are MORE copies of #1-100, in total, than #100-200. Given the nature of collecting, and the severe drop in superhero interest in the early 50's, I bet that's not far off.

now that is certainly a likely condition (thumbs u

Welllll....

Extrapolated out, it's the same thing said at the begining.

Even if you could find ONE set of #100-200, I doubt you could match, set for set, #100-200 with #1-100...so, copy for copy, #100-200 IS probably harder to find...

(thumbs u

And as far as Detective goes, I know that's true...I've seen multiple copies of a book like 'Tec 38 (28 slabbed copies since 2003 alone), and a book like 'Tec #163, you have 4 slabbed sales in 7 years. I've been outbid on the 2 raw copies I have seen in that time period. The books just don't come up for sale, even at full guide.

RMA.

Oh, by all means, I know. I said as much earlier.

I may be a Copper master, but I'm a teeeeeeny tiny guppy in the Golden Age pond.

Which...again...is why I don't post much in Gold.

But that doesn't mean one can't have an interesting conversation with the whales....and I am not alone in my opinion on the particular matter....and I do have my niches in the field....

;)

when I was putting my detective 100-225 run together, I ran into a handful of issues (similiar analogy to the actions) that were definitely scarcer even in low grade, but with minimal effort, was able to procure an example of every book...

I've got every issue of 'Tec #226-up.

From #100-225, I have 13.

Bleagh!

RMA.

true, I would have to wait for them to arrive in the mail...that could take a week (assuming I could afford them, which I can't) lol

And please don't make 28967 your last post. :(

That's only 1000+ more than you have now.

I think a more interesting question is do we have every comic ever published between all the board members?

Ian Levine has all the DCs

Not *every* DC if you include variants and multiple printings. Ian doesn't care much for comics where the only difference is something on the cover. For instance he has only a portion of the DC Whitman variants.

doing a quick search around the internet (10 minutes), I have located 97 of the 100 issues available... and that was about 10 minutes of work and only 4 sites (clink, ebay, payette and metro)...

only issues I didn't see at least one or more copies of were 145, 157 and 163

but I am sure given a few more minutes, could easily find, so I will lay that "hypothesis" to rest, if you will concede how easy it was :baiting: ...

In response to this, I'm going to find out how long it will take to find #1-100 for sale somewhere.... ;)

But not today, I'm lazy today.

well, I can tell you no one has a 1, 7, 10 or 13...so forget about it :baiting:

Actually, I know of one forumite who almost never posts who has a 7, 10, 13. I don't know about #1 though. If I had to guess, I would say no, but it is possible. (BTW, I am coming in on the end of the thread, so I could be totally lost here).

I probably have #240 - 600 on Action. I haven't looked in a long time though.

slow night up in the blue grass area :baiting:

I know mulitple board members that have the actions, we were mentioning that right now, no "major" site is offering for sale a 1 ,7 , 10 or 13 (thumbs u

I would suspect that of all copies extant, there are MORE copies of #1-100, in total, than #100-200. Given the nature of collecting, and the severe drop in superhero interest in the early 50's, I bet that's not far off.

now that is certainly a likely condition (thumbs u

Welllll....

Extrapolated out, it's the same thing said at the begining.

Even if you could find ONE set of #100-200, I doubt you could match, set for set, #100-200 with #1-100...so, copy for copy, #100-200 IS probably harder to find...

(thumbs u

And as far as Detective goes, I know that's true...I've seen multiple copies of a book like 'Tec 38 (28 slabbed copies since 2003 alone), and a book like 'Tec #163, you have 4 slabbed sales in 7 years. I've been outbid on the 2 raw copies I have seen in that time period. The books just don't come up for sale, even at full guide.

again, absolutely true... I don't think anyone would say (or could prove) there are more copies on average, issue per issue of 1950's books versus earlier GA... that is a well established "fact" in our hobby...

I was simply "bored" waiting for Gator Basketball to start and wanted to establish that "a" run of 101-200 could be easily put together...and in this "one" instance, it is "easier" to put that run together than 1-100 (relative to any available copy)...

that's all lol