• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM - Batman 165 (odd staples)

11 posts in this topic

I don't know if this book has been tampered with or if its a printing defect. It looks pretty nice but has a double top staple that does not show on the spine. Also, there is a strange kind of cutting/tear around the top staples on a few pages leading up to the centerfold. The perfect semetry of the cuts lead me to believe its part of the defect (hopefully) and the centerfold is snug and tight. All opinions appreciated.

front cover...

Batman165.jpg

back cover...

Batman165backcover.jpg

spine...

IMG_5276.jpg

pages at top staple leading up to centerfold...

IMG_5278.jpg

centerfold at top staple...

IMG_5279.jpg

IMG_5280.jpg

Yea, I believe they are identical. It looks to me like they are crossed....that is, the top of the highest to the top of the book staple is actually the staple that ends on the left, and the next lower staple is the one that end lowest on the right. Does that make sense. Anyways, thanks for the input. I'm thinking to give it a solid 7 - 7.5. It could be an 8 but I'd rather pass on a half a grade to the next owner than to squeeze it.