• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I have an idea

77 posts in this topic

MCMiles, Watson, KOR, joespost, JiveTurkey, nearmint, etc.

vs.

tth2, awe4one, Flaming_Telepath, delekkerste, etc.

to the death

Sounds good, but no hitting in the face. Or for some of you the crotch. No hair pulling, but name calling is allowed. No tripping or biting. I have a bad back and cannot move too fast these days so no rope-a-dope. No weapons.

hm

Oh yea, no wedgies or tying of the shoe laces together.

Agreed

So this is a pressing thread about the pressing thread??

This would be a pressing thread about compiling many, many pressing threads into two more pressing threads, one for and one against. :D

So you want to press all the pressing threads ??? So this is a pressing thread ! So who is going to press this thread after all the other pressing threads have been pressed into one thread?

So this is a pressing thread about the pressing thread??

This would be a pressing thread about compiling many, many pressing threads into two more pressing threads, one for and one against. :D

So you want to press all the pressing threads ??? So this is a pressing thread ! So who is going to press this thread after all the other pressing threads have been pressed into one thread?

You my friend just took this thread from very fine to near mint.

I have an idea : These pressing threads are stupid

What I would like to see is a list of people that do not disclose pressing. That would make me happy. (shrug)

Books are gonna be pressed. There is no stopping that unless CGC finds a way to detect pressing 100%. Than they would be able to declare it restoration. Seriously folks, it is restoration. CGC just doesn't have the means to detect it 100% so it seems to me they are just letting it slide.

Why not a list of people that press and do not disclose. I'm sure some of you NOD members have a naughty pressers list somewhere.

Alright, not that anybody gives a fart in a hurricane, but I'm not reading anymore threads that have the word "Pressing" in the title. It's time to come to the realization that there is no common ground on this topic and it's silly to think otherwise. Just think how much more cohesive and benevolent this forum would be if no one mentioned pressing... To try and further that goal, I'm opting out of pressing conversations.

You know alot of collectors I have met are no even aware of this debate about pressing.

I spoke to one dealer and collector who I asked his position on pressing and he said "Do you mean like with books or something?"

So maybe all the duplicative threads aren't a bad thing, raises awareness when new users on the board read them.

Alright, not that anybody gives a fart in a hurricane, but I'm not reading anymore threads that have the word "Pressing" in the title. It's time to come to the realization that there is no common ground on this topic and it's silly to think otherwise. Just think how much more cohesive and benevolent this forum would be if no one mentioned pressing... To try and further that goal, I'm opting out of pressing conversations.

^^

MCMiles, Watson, KOR, joespost, JiveTurkey, nearmint, etc.

vs.

tth2, awe4one, Flaming_Telepath, delekkerste, etc.

to the death

Sounds good, but no hitting in the face. Or for some of you the crotch. No hair pulling, but name calling is allowed. No tripping or biting. I have a bad back and cannot move too fast these days so no rope-a-dope. No weapons.

hm

Oh yea, no wedgies or tying of the shoe laces together.

I say we have a gonch pull contest, see who cracks first.