• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Anybody have any info on CGG????

13 posts in this topic

Hi, I have used CGG four or five times. Bottom line, they are cheaper and much much faster than CGC and grade very similarly in my opinion. Same basic service. They now have a hardshell case but when I used them before it was not hard plastic but more of a stiff mylar. Very professional guys. Problem, they do not have the respect or name recognition of the comics community. If you want to grade these books for your own personal use, then use CGG as it will be cheaper and faster. If you want to sell them, then definitely use CGC as your books will get much more attention and most likely a higher price than if graded by CGG. This is from my experience at least. Good luck. ----Sid

Hi, I have used CGG four or five times. Bottom line, they are cheaper and much much faster than CGC and grade very similarly in my opinion. Same basic service. They now have a hardshell case but when I used them before it was not hard plastic but more of a stiff mylar. Very professional guys. Problem, they do not have the respect or name recognition of the comics community. If you want to grade these books for your own personal use, then use CGG as it will be cheaper and faster. If you want to sell them, then definitely use CGC as your books will get much more attention and most likely a higher price than if graded by CGG. This is from my experience at least. Good luck. ----Sid

Bassman, Thank you, this is the answer I was looking for. I think that sums it up! Maybe CGG will gain in recognition and give CGC some competiton. Competition is good for both. Thanks again, Higghawker grin.gif

I doubt they will bring any type of competition to CGC. Just search these forums about the infamous "Mark Jeweler's Inserts" and Blue Label PLOD's. makepoint.gif

The only thing they have done for me so far is provide me a few more reasons why I should back Steve and the crew at CGC

I doubt they will bring any type of competition to CGC. Just search these forums about the infamous "Mark Jeweler's Inserts" and Blue Label PLOD's. makepoint.gif

The only thing they have done for me so far is provide me a few more reasons why I should back Steve and the crew at CGC

And then search for "missing pages" and "Qualified Grades" and you'll have a few more reasons to back CGG. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I just found out about CGG. Is this grading as good as CGC, or is this a knock-off? Any help is appreciated. Higghawker grin.gif

Just drop a note to board member RS. He'll be happy to chew your ear off for a couple of hours.