• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

So if Adam West only personalizes autographs....

60 posts in this topic

....What happens if a CGC SS Witness takes a pile of books through the line? How does he know who to personalize it to then? ???

Reason I ask is because I have a book or two I'd like to have him sign that I'd like to get to a CGC SS witness.

For Private Witnesses taking books Raph is correct, you have to work out the details with them. They might put a note with the correct spelling of your name with the book when presenting it to Mr. West.

As for at show "walk up" requests, we don't take celebrity requests, we arrange for a Witness to watch the person get the book signed themselves.

Thing is, I don't want my name on my book. I have one book that will be a keeper, and one that I'd like the option to sell one day if I choose to do so.

Plus, it'd just look cleaner with just his name there.

Is there any way around that? Apparently he does some books without being personalized:

http://gammaraycomics.com/Batman-Robin-1-Frank-Quitely-Sketch-Variant-Cover-Signed-by-Adam-West-1-in-250-CGC-98--P284645.aspx

http://gammaraycomics.com/Batman-Robin-1-Grant-Morrison-Frank-Quitely-Signed-by-Adam-West-CGC-98--P172322.aspx

When I went through his line at SDCC he charged $40 and personalized everything. No exceptions.

Same at WW Big Apple, instead of $40, it was $50. The book looks good though, so I can't really be that mad.

I've, ahem, "discussed" (my polite way of saying 'argued') this issue with him at at least one convention in the last year, and he is really really adamant about personalizing. He brings up some malarkey about how it's in "his contract" but as far as I know, he writes his own contract when he agrees to do a show, so I don't know what his problem is. I had some books for him from customers, and I just had a note on each book who to make it out to. I felt like arguing with him some more, but decided I had better things to do with my time than wrangle this out with him. :) Plus, I wouldn't have said a word until AFTER all the books were signed... :)

He will be in dallas in January. I am thinking of offering him an extra 20 per item to sign without personalizing. Perhaps the extra money will entice him.
Yeah, a boatload of money like that will change his mind

I think it is his right to autograph as he wishes.

Its not his problem most people want to sell the books later.

Saying he has a malfunction is uncalled for

My whole gripe with his argument about people reselling his autograph is this:

He is charging 'x' amount for his signature to begin with, if he feels that his signature is selling at a loss then he should charge more. Otherwise if he feels that other people are profiting off his signature what the heck is stopping him from signing items and selling them himself; this way he gets a first class ticket on his own gravy train.

I've never understood the argument that other people are making money off creators signatures... if you're aware people are selling your signature for big $$$ then why the heck are you complaining about it; sign some stuff and sell it :makepoint:

I completely agree with you ben. I have never minded pay a creator or celebrity a reasonable price. In some cases I have been willing to pay an unreasonable price.

That is why I am going to offer him more. If he charges 40 per autograph. I will offer 60 to have it signed but not personalized.