• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Post your Heritage Art wins!

95 posts in this topic

This was a strong price for a top Keown cover!

Dale Keown The Incredible Hulk #393 Cover Original Art (Marvel, 1989)....

Sold for: $14,340.00

Wow, that's a huge number!! :o

Not really. It went pretty cheap, IMHO

Says the guy sitting on a pile of prime Keown HULK art :baiting:lol

Seriously, though...auction results aside, what did you it's worth?

Wasn't the price for this splash $150,000 only a few months ago?

Jack Kirby and Ayers Journey Into Mystery #84 Second Appearance of Thor Splash Page Original Art (Marvel, 1962)...... Sold for: $44,812.50 (includes BP )

Oh my god is that it?????????? Jeeez if I had 45k burning a hole in my pocket to be spent on art, I'd buy that in a heartbeat

This was impressive:

Jack Kirby Silver Surfer and Doctor Doom Large Pencil Sketch Original Art (1972)....

Sold for: $21,510.00

boggles the mind that a pencil sketch went for half the JIM 84 splash - my mind anyways

And congrats to everyone who won something. Values were all over the place, as has been the case with Heritage the last few auctions it seems. Maybe it was just the stuff I was tracking, but seems like there some real bargains. Extra congrats go to whomever won the Neal Adams BA horror cover-- an absolute steal at under $2K. Wow!

This cover needs to be put away:

John Romita Sr. - The Amazing Spider-Man #155 Cover Original Art (Marvel, 1976)....

Sold for: $15,535.00 (includes BP )

Ended: Jan 17, 2007

John Romita Sr. Amazing Spider-Man #155 Cover Original Art (Marvel, 1976)....

Sold for: $14,340.00 (includes BP )

Ended: Nov 19, 2009

Extra congrats go to whomever won the Neal Adams BA horror cover-- an absolute steal at under $2K. Wow!

Neal Adams The Witching Hour #14 Cover Original Art (DC, 1971)....

Sold for: $1,912.00 (includes BP )

This covers has been in the last umpteen auctions...started out several auctions ago with a high reserve but was finally auctioned with no reserve -- someone had mercy on this cover and finally bought it.

The Rarebit Fiend piece went for $6500, about 2.5 more than I thought it would and 3 more than I hoped it would. That amount is quite high for a Rarebit piece, but it was very lovely, one of the better ones available the past 3 or 4 years. Still, went for 2k more than the Rarebit piece in the May, 2009, another recent standout example.

Here is my win, can't wait to get it home!

jungleaction7.jpg

That's awesome. You found something on your want list, and you found it at public auction so no one could hold it over your head for ransom. That's living right my friend. The best possible outcome.

Congrats.

Chris

Impressive:

Dave Stevens Good Girls Science Fiction Illustration Original Art (2004)....

Sold for: $17,925.00 (includes BP )

Thought this would go for much more:

Jim Steranko Strange Tales #160 Nick Fury, Agent of S.H.I.E.L.D. and Captain America page 6 Original Art (Marvel, ...

Sold for: $13,145.00 (includes BP )

This was a strong price for a top Keown cover!

Dale Keown The Incredible Hulk #393 Cover Original Art (Marvel, 1989)....

Sold for: $14,340.00

Wow, that's a huge number!! :o

Not really. It went pretty cheap, IMHO

Says the guy sitting on a pile of prime Keown HULK art :baiting:lol

Seriously, though...auction results aside, what did you it's worth?

(gulp), you want me to reveal, in public, what I think its worth? Hmm, I think some things are better left unsaid hm

Thanks everyone. I am so excited to have an item I really wanted show up and be able to buy it. It is pretty amazing that within a few months of putting it in my wantlist in multiple places and then seeing it in a Heritage Auction. I plan to frame both my Jungle Actions after our house is remodeled.

Jim Steranko Strange Tales #160 Nick Fury, Agent of S.H.I.E.L.D. and Captain America page 6 Original Art (Marvel, ...

Agreed... This is a great page featuring both Fury and Cap. I expected at least 15K for it. Fury pages seldom show up, and this is the first public sale of a Fury/Cap page that I've seen yet.

Impressive:

Dave Stevens Good Girls Science Fiction Illustration Original Art (2004)....

Sold for: $17,925.00 (includes BP )

The Stevens was originally a private commission. Usually, a Stevens piece of that size and detail would go for quite a bit more. But that one has been offered around at $20-25K (including a stint on Romitaman), so not surprised it sold for less at auction.

The Steranko was in the ballpark I estimated (albeit on the low end). A sweet page, one of the highlights of this auction for me. Big time congrats to the winner of that one.

I again thought watching on line was fascinating. I didn't go for any of the Martin Greim jams, but they went at interesting prices. I would not have guessed the piece with Kirby going for $22,705, and being 4x the piece with Caniff, Williamson, Gould, Anderson, Kane, etc.

I really dug those jam pieces. Martin Greim must be a helluva nice guy, because each and every one of those artists did him right. All the figures are in scale to each other and of high-quality. And they're huge, too. I can only imagine how impressive they must be in person, especially all together.

But I had no idea they'd finish as high as they did:

http://comics.ha.com/common/view_item.php?Sale_No=7013&Lot_No=93055

http://comics.ha.com/common/view_item.php?Sale_No=7013&Lot_No=93056

http://comics.ha.com/common/view_item.php?Sale_No=7013&Lot_No=93057

http://comics.ha.com/common/view_item.php?Sale_No=7013&Lot_No=93058

http://comics.ha.com/common/view_item.php?Sale_No=7013&Lot_No=93059

http://comics.ha.com/common/view_item.php?Sale_No=7013&Lot_No=93060

Good for Greim!