• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Post your Heritage Art wins!

95 posts in this topic

Congrats Greg on the Jungle Action cover :applause:

Outbid on a few pieces but thankfully landed this cool Magnus page by Russ Manning :cloud9:

4120756375_7175439df1_b.jpg

Very nice! There's some interesting effects on that page compared to the typical page by Russ.

And, given all of the discussions, at an interesting price.

What was the discussion about? Was the price good or bad?

From my perspective, congratulations to whoever took the piece. I think it's awesome. It had been offered publicly at a much higher price. And, in my opinion, and I'm no expert at all, I think it's a good price for an amazing page.

And, given all of the discussions, at an interesting price.

What was the discussion about? Was the price good or bad?

From my perspective, congratulations to whoever took the piece. I think it's awesome. It had been offered publicly at a much higher price. And, in my opinion, and I'm no expert at all, I think it's a good price for an amazing page.

It would seem that way. I think the timing of this month's auctions have been fortuneate for alot of the buyers.

Considering how in demand the underlying copies of JIM's are and that it was the 2nd appearance of Thor, the OA seems quite unique.

I was under-bidder on the X-Men #125...I liked it, used to own it once, but decided to stop after a bit...not enough nostalgia for that particular cover to take it home again...

Also bid on the JIM #84 splash...it's nice, but what folks are forgetting is it's not the pg-1 splash, it was the page 13 (splash to the second story), and that made a big difference in what I thought it was worth...

I liked the specialty jam drawings from the Greim collection, but only up to $15K each on the two I liked the most (which each sold at $17K+ and $22K+ so I bowed out of them too...).

I didn't bid on any of the Kubert art, but LOVED seeing it and thought prices were respectable...I look forward to seeing more of it in future auctions...

There's a few covers Joe did I wouldn't mind adding to my collection...

Finally, a BIG CONGRATS on the Jungle Action #7 cover...I was hoping you'd win it...well done...! :)

Also bid on the JIM #84 splash...it's nice, but what folks are forgetting is it's not the pg-1 splash, it was the page 13 (splash to the second story), and that made a big difference in what I thought it was worth...

Yes it is. It's the pg. 1 splash -- check the book or the Thor Marvel Masterworks.

I was under-bidder on the X-Men #125...I liked it, used to own it once, but decided to stop after a bit...not enough nostalgia for that particular cover to take it home again...

I liked the specialty jam drawings from the Greim collection, but only up to $15K each on the two I liked the most (which each sold at $17K+ and $22K+ so I bowed out of them too...).

I didn't bid on any of the Kubert art, but LOVED seeing it and thought prices were respectable...I look forward to seeing more of it in future auctions...

There's a few covers Joe did I wouldn't mind adding to my collection...

Finally, a BIG CONGRATS on the Jungle Action #7 cover...I was hoping you'd win it...well done...! :)

Thanks a lot man! I am real happy beyond belief but not just because of the Jungle Action cover but also the Kirby Demon Splash.

Anyone have any idea who got the Rima page? I'm a huge Rima fan (and own the double page spread after the Heritage page) but the price was multiples of what I expected. Whoever it was, congratulations and wow.

Same here. I was interested in it and figured I`d pick it up for a song. After all, how many collectors of Rima or Nestor Redondo are there could there be? Several, it turns out, including one who was willing to spend into 4 figures.

Huh? But it says page 13 on the top of the art...!?!? I'll admit, I didn't look it up in the comic as I have no access to the comic right now...Did I screw up?

Yes and there may be a 13 in the upper left corner but there's a big 1 in the lower right corner.

Huh? But it says page 13 on the top of the art...!?!? I'll admit, I didn't look it up in the comic as I have no access to the comic right now...Did I screw up?

Yep, the 13 is a reference to the number of pages in the story. You forgot that the early JIM Thors only had one story in them. The rest of the stories were all pre-hero type.

Yes and there may be a 13 in the upper left corner but there's a big 1 in the lower right corner.

There's also a "P.1" in the upper right-hand corner and a "1" within the art in the lower right-hand corner:

http://comics.ha.com/common/view_item.php?Sale_No=7013&Lot_No=94010#

So three pretty visible "1's".

doh!

I guess I'm having a really hard time believing that:

1. Anybody bidding upwards of $40K on this would have done zero homework on it;

2. That where it's placed in the book is more important than the actual image.

Forget the fact that it's already been on Romitaman described as a first page. Let's assume all the bidders made the same mistake and thought it was a page 13 vs. a page 1. How much more would they have bid? 2X? 3X? 4X?

meh

To me, this was a great Kirby SA splash. About as good as it gets. And it hammered at $44K. So I'm going to be skeptical about anyone who tries to tell me that another Kirby splash from the same period (short of a first appearance) is worth 3.5X. This result is the best counter-argument to any justifications such as "fresh to market", "hung in a museum", and (my favorite), the oh-so-hard-to-prove "secret backroom deals that only us BSD's know about".

$44K. Repeat it like a mantra.