• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Death of the monthy price guides

45 posts in this topic

Well it's seems to be official now. I just looked through the latest Comic Book Price Guide dated ( Jan ) and found to my amazement no current prices for comic. There was some columns concering graded books and "pricing" but the usual guide was missing. Since the Wizard now is only reporting CGC grades (one page), and the montly Overstreet Market Guide which is no longer published there appears to be no place on the newstand where you can find the current value for your books. :screwy: Thank God for GPA (which I am a member). :acclaim:

How will this infulence the pricing at Conventions, LCS or Internet sales? ???

Thoughts? :taptaptap:

Well it's seems to be official now. I just looked through the latest Comic Book Price Guide dated ( Jan ) and found to my amazement no current prices for comic. There was some columns concering graded books and "pricing" but the usual guide was missing. Since the Wizard now is only reporting CGC grades (one page), and the montly Overstreet Market Guide which is no longer published there appears to be no place on the newstand where you can find the current value for your books. :screwy: Thank God for GPA (which I am a member). :acclaim:

By the time those books got to market the prices would be out of date.

All a store needs is internet and a website that can track sale based on input.

I always found it amazing I could walk into my local newstands and find a copy of Wizard with its price guide about comics but those same newstands themselves did not sell comics. that could be your answer right there. ;)

does cbg still have a price guide?

I remember seeing this the other day, it will be intresting to see were dealers get there price on hot new books. I think older books will take care of themselves, and makes GPA needed more. One other things is kids will have to go by word of mouth to now what the new hot book is.

By not using GPA. I'm sure someone will capitalize on offering an online subscription service for back issue pricing.

They'll just stick to the OPG. Other than uber high grade slabs, which is covered by GPA, there really isn't the type of unstable activity in the market like there was in the 80's and 90's that necessitated a monthly or bi-monthly price guide.

eBay and the internet have been the great equalizers in the market....