• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Need a Recommendation

11 posts in this topic

I want to post scans, or pics, of my growing slab collection. Photos are not cutting it with too much glare from the flash on my camera. My scanner seems to do the job, but the scans come out blurry. Here is where I need help: Can anyone recommend a printer/scanner combo, or a scanner by itself, which gives clear scans of slabs and which will not break my wallet.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Failing you getting hold of a scanner, try taking photos of your slabs from an angle, it minimises flash glare and gives a nice perspective of the book.

WD48SS.jpg?width=114&height=139

Or better yet, take photos without the flash. Crank up the iso and take under good light.

+ 1

Just put a low-intensity lamp alongside the slab, but not facing down on it and you get just enough light to help the book display nicely.

Or better yet, take photos without the flash. Crank up the iso and take under good light.

+ 1

Just put a low-intensity lamp alongside the slab, but not facing down on it and you get just enough light to help the book display nicely.

My hands are nowhere near steady enough to take photos with the ISO right up :cry:

+ 1

My hands are nowhere near steady enough to take photos with the ISO right up :cry:

Sorry, forgot the additional terms of that recommendation.

"Ensure you were not drinking 4 hours before taking the photos. In addition, please do not place your cool, dripping drink down on your slab as it will leave a ring."