• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Daredevil #168 - #191 1980 Frank Miller Writer + Artist $100 CLOSED

28 posts in this topic

I have over 7500 books from 1961 - 1985 and I've never owned these :blush:

Have you ever read them? They're awesome! Some of the best stuff from that decade!

I had to speed-read them one time a friend came over with a few TPBs... can't wait to really get into them.

This is a great run and a sweet deal. The fact that it has a 168 in it would have sealed the deal for me. I only need 2 more issues to complete this run myself.

I have over 7500 books from 1961 - 1985 and I've never owned these :blush:

Have you ever read them? They're awesome! Some of the best stuff from that decade!

I had to speed-read them one time a friend came over with a few TPBs... can't wait to really get into them.

This run is not a speed read. It's a read and re-read run. You'll love it.

I think layered is a great word to describe it.

Again, I know I'm biased as Miller is my favorite creator but I think it hold up to almost any story arc out there.

this was my fave reading material when i was a kid, WAY better than the claremont/byrne X-Men run. :headbang:

I wouldn't go that far. They were both awesome.

I'd say that Miller was much more deep than the X-men run. The X-men run was lighter and more fun from a cartoon POV. Miller really made me think because he delved so deeply into the humanity of each individual character.

this was my fave reading material when i was a kid, WAY better than the claremont/byrne X-Men run. :headbang:

I'd say that Miller was much more deep than the X-men run. The X-men run was lighter and more fun from a cartoon POV. Miller really made me think because he delved so deeply into the humanity of each individual character.

I'd have to agree with this. You know the X-men run was a comic book. The Daredevil run seemed almost real

I'd have to agree with this. You know the X-men run was a comic book. The Daredevil run seemed almost real

I remember the first time I saw Ben Urich (the reporter) without his clothes on in the shower. It showed me that up until that point I was programmed to dividing all comic book characters into two camps...hero and non hero. Everything was neatly stereotyped and boxed. Then along comes Miller who shatters it all and all of a sudden we have real humans, with saggy tummies, wrinkles and vices. We had smokers with consequences, street thugs with so much bad luck that you could actually sympathize with them and spiritual themes that were woven in and out of the story arcs in such a fine manner that you were not sure if they were even there.

Sorry for the long winded response. Just recollecting.