• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Winter Toronto ComiCON - Sunday, February 28th, 2010 at the MTCC!

61 posts in this topic

Guests:

CAMERON STEWART (Batman & Robin, Seaguy, Sin Titulo)

GUY DAVIS (BPRD, Sandman Mystery Theatre)

courtesy of www.ArtOriginals.ca

FRANCIS MANAPUL (Adventure Comics)

MARCUS TO (Red Robin)

AGNES GARBOWSKA (You, Me & Zombie)

More guests TBA

ADMISSION $5

HOURS: 11am - 5pm

Exhibitor tables are $95 + GST ($99.75)

For table or guest inquiries please contact Tiziano De Santis (tiziano@hobbystar.com) or myself (kevin@hobbystar.com)

http://hobbystar.com/upcomingevents/index.html

Just a quick guest update:

GUY DAVIS (B.P.R.D.) courtesy of www.artoriginals.ca

CAMERON STEWART (Batman & Robin)

FRANCIS MANAPUL (Adventure Comics, The Flash)

MARCUS TO (Red Robin)

RICHARD ZAJAC (Adventure Comics)

KELLY TINDALL (Proof)

MARCIO TAKARA (Disney/Pixar's The Incredibles)

RAY FAWKES (The Apocalipstix)

Plus a special appearance by artist GEOF ISHERWOOD (Conan, Namor) (schedule permitting)

bprd_cover.jpg

Art Originals presents

Of Mystery and the Macabre: The Guy Davis Exhibition and Workshop

February 27-28, 2010

Gladstone Hotel / Metro Toronto Convention Centre

Toronto, Canada

Art Originals is back with master of the macabre and fan favorite Guy Davis who will be making a special Toronto appearance next February. As part of the Art Originals Exhibition and Workshop series, selected works spanning Davis’ (Sandman Mystery Theatre, B.P.R.D., The Marquis) entire career will be featured along with an interactive and insightful workshop that will include a lecture and question period.

Guy will also be appearing as a featured guest the following day, February 28, at the Toronto ComiCon.

Guy Davis Event Itinerary

Saturday, February 27 - Gladstone Hotel, 1214 Queen Street West

Workshop, 1:00 - 5:00 pm: Patrons will have the unique opportunity to learn valuable storytelling and art techniques from Guy Davis. Portfolio evaluations will also be offered.

Exhibition, 7:30 – 11:30 pm: The exhibition will take place in the Gladstone’s 2nd floor gallery and will be precluded by a short discussion and Q & A session with Guy Davis.

Sunday, February 28 - Metro Toronto Convention Centre, 255 Front Street West

Toronto ComiCon, featured guest: 11 am – 5 pm: Guy Davis will be a featured guest at the Toronto ComiCon. Admission $5

www.artoriginals.ca

http://hobbystar.com/upcomingevents/index.html

AGNES GARBOWSKA--If you guys are into sketches, she's definitely someone you'll want to visit! :headbang: She does some nice ink work for her pencils as well. :)

Gotta agree with you on that. See my CAF (link in the signature), to find several pieces done by her. :)

AGNES GARBOWSKA--If you guys are into sketches, she's definitely someone you'll want to visit! :headbang: She does some nice ink work for her pencils as well. :)

Gotta agree with you on that. See my CAF (link in the signature), to find several pieces done by her. :)

Great collection--and I agree! That Spider-Man and MJ one is a nice one. In FACT, I think I saw yours before I had my Marvel sketch cover (that's in my CAF) that made me want MJ in my pic (though I also included Gobby as well)

I may try to find a witness to see about either another sketch cover or a commission piece.

Just about a month away from the show. As usual, a huge selection of comic dealers attending, from new to vintage, including Harley Yee and Comic Book Addiction.

Eddie Vedder and Joe Vriens will also be on hand to promote their new Darkstalkers book from UDON.

Guest list update/recap:

GUY DAVIS (B.P.R.D.) courtesy of http://www.artoriginals.ca

MARCUS TO (Red Robin)

KELLY TINDALL (Proof)

MARCIO TAKARA (Disney/Pixar's The Incredibles)

ERIC VEDDER (Darkstalkers)

JOE VRIENS (Darkstalkers)

Guest list update/recap:

GUY DAVIS (B.P.R.D.) courtesy of http://www.artoriginals.ca

MARCUS TO (Red Robin)

KELLY TINDALL (Proof)

ERIC VEDDER (Darkstalkers)

JOE VRIENS (Darkstalkers)

...and I forgot to mention...

TY TEMPLETON (Star Trek: Mission's End) courtesy of the Toronto Cartoonists Workshop

You've already seen the guest list... so...

TORONTO COMICON - FEBRUARY 28, 2010 - EXHIBITOR LIST

Dealers:

A&C Games

All New Comics

Canstar Toys

Comic Book Addiction

Comic Age Entertainment

Conspiracy Comics

DragonStar

HaganLand

Harley Yee Rare Comics

Heavy Mental designs

Labyrinth

Mad Men Comics

Major Comics

Manish Mistry

Milo Accessories

Myths, Legends & Heroes

Pendragon

Red Nails/ Blue Ribbon

Shockwave Comic Books

Unknown Worlds

Wyldstar

Artists Alley/Other Exhibitors

Gavin McCarthy

DMF Comics

Julio Lazano

Heroes of the World

Max the Mutt Animation School

Toronto Cartoonists Workshop

Admission $5 / VIP Pass holders: FREE.

Only 12 days away!

guydavis1.jpg

The image above is from a special high quality art print created by Guy Davis that will be available for sale on February 27 & 28 while supplies last.

For Immediate Release

TORONTO, Canada (Tuesday, February 16)

Of Mystery and the Macabre: The Guy Davis Exhibition

2009 Eisner award winning artist makes rare Toronto appearance

artoriginals presents master of the macabre and B.P.R.D. artist Guy Davis, who will be making a special Toronto appearance at the Gladstone Hotel on Saturday, February 27 for an interactive workshop and exhibition followed by an appearance at the Toronto ComiCON as a featured guest on Sunday, February 28.

Davis, recipient of the 2009 Eisner Award for Best Artist, is best known as the penciler and inker on Mike Mignola’s long running series B.P.R.D., chronicling the supernatural tales of the Bureau for Paranormal Research and Defense. Mignola, best known as the creator of Hellboy (who was a former member of the B.P.R.D. team), is also the series co-writer, along with John Arcudi. The Hellboy property has spawned two feature films and several animated versions. Fans and many industry insiders believe that B.P.R.D. is likely to be the next Mignola property that will be adapted for the big screen.

Selected works spanning Davis’ career, including Sandman Mystery Theatre, B.P.R.D. and The Marquis, will be featured in the exhibition along with an interactive and insightful workshop for registered patrons.

Schedule of events

Saturday, February 27

Gladstone Hotel, 1214 Queen Street West

Constructive Storytelling: The 180 Minute Master Class, 1 - 4 pm: Master artist Guy Davis is set to provide patrons with the key components of his vast storytelling bible. The lecture, demonstration and Q&A elements are a unique opportunity to get inside the head of one of the industry’s most renowned visionaries.

$105 per person - limited spots available (15 participants). Email info@artoriginals.ca to register.

Of Mystery and the Macabre, 7:30 – 11:30 pm: featuring selected works from Davis’ award-winning projects including Sandman Mystery Theatre, Mike Mignola’s B.P.R.D. and The Marquis. A brief question and answer period hosted by Mark Askwith of SPACE will precede the exhibit.

Free admission

Sunday, February 28

Metro Convention Centre, 255 Front Street West

Toronto ComiCON, 11 am – 5 pm: Guy Davis will be a featured guest at Toronto ComiCON.

Please direct all inquiries to:

Sean Menard

Director, Marketing and Publicity

artoriginals

info@artoriginals.ca

www.artoriginals.ca

For an early preview of the Guy Davis exhibit, you can visit Toronto store THE LABYRINTH at 386 Bloor Street West. Selected pieces from the exhibit will be on display in the store between now and February 26th. The Labyrinth will also be setting up a booth at ComiCON!

http://cartoonistsworkshop.wordpress.com/2010/02/13/the-labyrinth-hosts-a-guy-davis-exhibit-preview/