• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Bronze Age War Interiors Thread

6 posts in this topic

I'm just going to copy, verbatim, what I'd written in the other interiors thread:

I'd photographed this USS Stevens piece awhile back, but can't remember if I posted it anywhere, so here it is. Sorry for any glare from the camera. That big circular thing is actually the reflection from the ceiling lamp. Bought the story from the man, himself about 10 years ago. Was shocked at it still being available.

As introspective a treatise on war as I've EVER seen. Glanzman's writing on this series is as good as ANYTHING Kanigher EVER did. I can't get this piece outta my head whenever I see an old fellow wearing one of those hats with the outfit he served in during the __________ war. Believe it or not, I define myself more by pacifism than the alternative, so war comics are a strange genre to collect. Glanzman's stuff addresses some of the realities of war in a way that still leave me speechless. He had a way of juxtaposing the human element against the monstrosity of war. . .and--for shît sakes--he did it routinely in 4 pages!!

dreams1_2.jpg

dreams3_4.jpg