• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bone #1 (1st print) in CGC 9.8! Time for a second mortgage! *CLOSED*

42 posts in this topic

Let's see now....

1) Only 1 of 2 CGC 9.8 Bone 1st Prints in the world. Check.

2) Crack it out and get Jeff Smith signature at C2E2 in April 2010. Check.

3) Only CGC 9.8 SS Bone 1st Print in the world. PRICELESS! :banana:

Folks, to be very realistic...

as Shark already put it, this is 1 of 2 9.8s. My advice to Schmidty would be to move this to a larger format like Clink or Ebay and watch it sell.

If you ever thought about getting one...

Dont try and fight the deep pockets that could purchase this once it becomes very public (ebay/Clink), buy it or work something out with him!

Just my 2cents...

carry on with the drooling, I know I am...

Folks, to be very realistic...

as Shark already put it, this is 1 of 2 9.8s. My advice to Schmidty would be to move this to a larger format like Clink or Ebay and watch it sell.

If you ever thought about getting one...

Dont try and fight the deep pockets that could purchase this once it becomes very public (ebay/Clink), buy it or work something out with him!

Just my 2cents...

carry on with the drooling, I know I am...

I agree.

Let's see now....

Not to say that he's thinking about doing this but I would never forgive him if he made the attempt. :devil:

I realize it's a modern but I've seen far too many of the first prints with signatures already (most unwitnessed) and I'm fairly certain it wouldn't add much to the value. Most importantly, this thing is a true rarity in this condition and it is immaculate as is. Don't do it Mike!! :grin:

Let's see now....

Not to say that he's thinking about doing this but I would never forgive him if he made the attempt. :devil:

I realize it's a modern but I've seen far too many of the first prints with signatures already (most unwitnessed) and I'm fairly certain it wouldn't add much to the value. Most importantly, this thing is a true rarity in this condition and it is immaculate as is. Don't do it Mike!! :grin:

Normally I have no problems cracking out CGC 9.8 moderns for signatures, but in this case ... yeah, I think I'll pass :grin:

Thanks for all the comments, PM's and offers - this thread is now closed as the book will consigned to Comiclink for inclusion in the January Focused auction. Will be real interesting to see what a book like this will bring in a true no-reserve auction format!

Thanks for all the comments, PM's and offers - this thread is now closed as the book will consigned to Comiclink for inclusion in the January Focused auction. Will be real interesting to see what a book like this will bring in a true no-reserve auction format!

Thrill bid already placed!!! :ohnoez:

:o Should be exciting! Happy Thanksgiving Michael and good luck in January... :wishluck:

Can I ask an "ethical" question?

Would you have minded if someone purchased it here on the boards for your "asking" price and later sold it as you now plan to do? I.E. comiclink and got a much higher asking price....Or basically flipping it, so to speak, for a higher realized price....

P.S. Im glad you have decided to take it to auction...You should be pleasantly surprised at the strike price come January :D So, GOOD LUCK....hope you get a much higher price than what you asking here on the boards

Would you have minded if someone purchased it here on the boards for your "asking" price and later sold it as you now plan to do? I.E. comiclink and got a much higher asking price....Or basically flipping it, so to speak, for a higher realized price....

P.S. Im glad you have decided to take it to auction...You should be pleasantly surprised at the strike price come January :D So, GOOD LUCK....hope you get a much higher price than what you asking here on the boards

Nope, not at all - as far as I'm concerned once I sell a book, the new owner can do whatever they want with it (thumbs u

The only pet peeve I have is when people pull out the "I've been looking for this book forever, it's a huge grail of mine, but I can only afford to pay XX for it - could you pretty-please help me out?"-sob story and then immediately flip the book in a different venue - that's kinda lame.

Nope, not at all - as far as I'm concerned once I sell a book, the new owner can do whatever they want with it (thumbs u

The only pet peeve I have is when people pull out the "I've been looking for this book forever, it's a huge grail of mine, but I can only afford to pay XX for it - could you pretty-please help me out?"-sob story and then immediately flip the book in a different venue - that's kinda lame.

That's not just kinda lame - that's downright deceiptful! :sumo: