• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Intro: newbie

56 posts in this topic

To Alecholland:

Oh! Corben, I love Corben. Generally he does not receive much love in the field where the sharpest public light shines and his work does not command Uber HG prices at all at feebay and such arenas. I see HG copies of say 'Bloodstar' which is actually claimed to be the first Graphic Novel (yes he came before Eisners 'Contract with God'-book) selling for what? 20-30 bucks !!!! That is hilarious if you ask me. The book came out around 1976 if I remember correct.

But he is an underground type of artist. Thats clear. Has always wanted to explore his own pathways in a sense.

AngSil

This thread is worthless without pictures of scandanavian women to verify this new guy.

Agreed.

Well there aint many in my LCS which is cave-like, dark !! It has yet to be transformed into a modern, fashionable Boutique filled with tons of merchandise.

Ang.Sil.

To Alecholland:

Oh! Corben, I love Corben. Generally he does not receive much love in the field where the sharpest public light shines and his work does not command Uber HG prices at all at feebay and such arenas. I see HG copies of say 'Bloodstar' which is actually claimed to be the first Graphic Novel (yes he came before Eisners 'Contract with God'-book) selling for what? 20-30 bucks !!!! That is hilarious if you ask me. The book came out around 1976 if I remember correct.

But he is an underground type of artist. Thats clear. Has always wanted to explore his own pathways in a sense.

AngSil

Welcome to the boards Angelius! :hi:

I've always been a big fan of Corben, Moebius and some of the other Heavy Metal/Metal Hurlant regulars.

Bloodstar is very cool - an adaptation of REH's "Valley of the Worm" and probably is the first graphic novel to refer to itself as a "graphic novel." There are earlier candidates though. Many people cite It Rhymes with Lust by Matt Baker from 1950, but my vote goes to the The Illustrated Tarzan Book from 1929 as the first graphic novel.

To Alecholland:

AngSil

Welcome to the boards Angelius! :hi:

I've always been a big fan of Corben, Moebius and some of the other Heavy Metal/Metal Hurlant regulars.

Bloodstar is very cool - an adaptation of REH's "Valley of the Worm" and probably is the first graphic novel to refer to itself as a "graphic novel." There are earlier candidates though. Many people cite It Rhymes with Lust by Matt Baker from 1950, but my vote goes to the The Illustrated Tarzan Book from 1929 as the first graphic novel.

Theagenes: Thanks for sharing this information, definitely interesting.

'The airtight garage' mentioned earlier in this thread is also milestone stuff from my youth.

Just like my alias, Theagenes is Roman-style, - Great stuff!

'Angelius Silesius' refers to a christian mystic from the middleages.