• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

walking dead 1-3 all nm

43 posts in this topic

You guys are being a little hard on Mark. I don't think he frequents here that much and he is a good guy. I am sure a nice PM would be in order instead of all the fanfare here.

The "fanfare" here is what keeps people like Nice Guy Mark in check!

You guys are being a little hard on Mark. I don't think he frequents here that much and he is a good guy. I am sure a nice PM would be in order instead of all the fanfare here.

The "fanfare" here is what keeps people like Nice Guy Mark in check!

What do you mean 'in check'? What's he done wrong? He's put a price on his books that's all. Whether they're raw or slabbed would have been useful to know, with maybe some scans or photos.

People who know the FMV of the books aren't going to pay it. If somebody does pay it, then they're obviously prepared to. Other than that I don't see what he's done to warrant comments like that from you.

Come on now...there is excessive and then there is "insult" pricing! You can't realistically think that you can come on here and ask outrageous prices without people flaming you...that's just the lay of the land.

I think people forget that that the expectation on the boards is that you discount your prices because it's a highly discounted selling channel. Where else are you going to sell your books for potentially zero commission.

doh!

Come on now...there is excessive and then there is "insult" pricing! You can't realistically think that you can come on here and ask outrageous prices without people flaming you...that's just the lay of the land.

I think people forget that that the expectation on the boards is that you discount your prices because it's a highly discounted selling channel. Where else are you going to sell your books for potentially zero commission.

doh!

So then just send the guy a PM explaining this in a polite way. It's a lot better than having a mob line up at his front door.

You guys are assuming he's doing it to gouge people, when in fact many people simply don't want to leave money on the table or are simply unaware of the way things work around here.

As I said earlier, if the guy had them up for sale too cheap, how many boardies would chime in to block the sale before you would see a string of :takeit: posts after the dust settles?

It goes both ways, both buyer and seller want to be protected but as a courtesy the benefit of the doubt should be given and most people, when confronted with respect, will respond in a positive manner.

If there is no progress after a polite PM or something similar, or if the guy has a habit of breaking the rules then I think other actions can be taken, but not before.

R.

Why police his prices, Jesus Christ all that would have happened is the thread would have died as nobody would pay the price.

Fair enough if he'd taken $500 and sent nothing but he hasn't. There have been some pretty bad burns on here over the last year, yet you want to give someone a roasting for asking too much for their books?

I like the fact that these boards are self policed. GOD FORBID there is still an outlet that holds people accountable!

The manner in which the boards are self policed is what is being discussed now.

We have had countless threads discussing this over the years (I can send you links if you like).

The general consensus is, that if someone is breaking a board rule, point it out politely (as was initially done) and if you feel that the seller is doing something wrong (pricing his books too high) point it out via PM.

It's really that simple. Especially when moonlight (who is an asset to this place) is vouching for the guy.

Nobody is saying don't police the boards, but can you imagine what it would be like if every time it comes time to police something either on the boards or in real life everyone just starts flaming?

A little courtesy goes a long way.

R.

I'm not going to police the boards...I just spoke up because people forget there are two sides to this. Some folks believe in calling you out in your thread and others have a little more tact and send you a PM...doesn't make one right or wrong.

I just like that people speak up here.

I'm not going to police the boards...I just spoke up because people forget there are two sides to this. Some folks believe in calling you out in your thread and others have a little more tact and send you a PM...doesn't make one right or wrong.

If you believe that sending a PM is tactful then that means that posting this te in the thread makes it tactless. I agree with you on that. Therefore, if it's tactless it makes it bad manners.

It shows lack of class and lack of understanding and I'm sure that people doing tactless things wouldn't like something like that to happen in their for sale threads if they had one.

All it takes is a few seconds of thought on how to make a beneficial contribution on here but it seems that many people can't be bothered to make the effort.

Apparently it's a lot more important that their voices be heard than that they offer something that might be helpful to the seller.

Yes I know this is ironic coming from a guy with 27,000 posts.

doh!

Alright guys can we drop this now. We all get the point and im sure comiccitytn Mark gets the point. :foryou:

The more we discuss this the longer it will take for it to be over.

I'm done.

:foryou:

FYI guys, Mark runs alot of shows around TN and the south. He will NOT leave you hanging and i just think he doesn't realize the need that the boards have for pics or scans. That is all. Mike Bray (formerly BigMike) and he are pretty close.

Actually, you are wrong. We hold ourselves to a standard of etiquette here: you don't krap on someone's sales thread.....period. If you don't like an asking price, move on.

The rules state that there has to be an asking price, not that the asking price has to be fair, or Overstreet avarage, or eBay average....just that there be an asking price.

Alright guys can we drop this now. We all get the point and im sure comiccitytn Mark gets the point. :foryou:

The more we discuss this the longer it will take for it to be over.

This isn't over until WE say it's over! :sumo:

Actually, you are wrong. We hold ourselves to a standard of etiquette here: you don't krap on someone's sales thread.....period. If you don't like an asking price, move on.

The rules state that there has to be an asking price, not that the asking price has to be fair, or Overstreet avarage, or eBay average....just that there be an asking price.

:applause: