• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Nic Cage lost marriage and his amazing comics.......................

4 posts in this topic

tell, me ...why did nicolas cage...sell all his amazing comics

the minute he married that spoiled not all there..lisa marie presley..

i tell you...because she didn't like comic books...and probably

thought they were for kids...that he should get rid of them...

well...mr. cage...you made a big big mistake..selling them..

and another bigger mistake marrying Lisa marie...

she';s a very very spoiled girl..that needs to grow

and stop being such a B!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

grow up lisa marie presley...nick you will find better.

i just wish you didn't sell your amazing comic collection.

Theres a musician , Phil Woods - an absolute Monster of an alto player , one of the finest technicians who ever held a sax & incredible improvisor right out of the Charlie Parker be-bop school. Hes the sax player on the Billy Joel tune, "Just the Way You Are" . Over 40 years ago, Phil would take a bus from Mass. to NY once per week to study jazz improvisation with Lennie Tristano (a 5 hour bus ride each way ) starting at the age of 12 & was then introduced to the music of Bird (Charlie Parker). He became so infatuated with Birds music that he learned and could play any and all of the scope of Birds recorded stretches, tunes, choruses , & solos , eventually in any key (some extremely difficult to transpose on the alto sax ) & at tempos that Bird (who was an incredible technician himself ) never dreamed of . Parker died in 1955 & from my knowledge , never met his mentor , but that didn't stop Phil Woods' infatuation with Charlie Parker. Eventually , he met and married Charlie Parkers widow , Chan Parker , adopted his kids , even was given Parkers very own alto sax to play by Chan . In essence , he was so into not only the music of Parker , but admired him so greatly , wanting to emulate him , became him , to the limits of his ability .

I imagine that to a hardcore Elvis fan , marrying his daughter would be a close second in attaining emulation to marrying Elvis himself - were the fan a woman .

I dont pretend to know for sure , & its just an observation - but it sure is reminiscent of the Phil Woods / Charlie Parker , mentor / disciple example .