• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

market value on NM conditions

16 posts in this topic

Folks,

I am not new to comics, that's for sure, but i am baffled at the market value for high grade comics. What is the rule of thumb on the value of books when the condition is 9.4 or 9.6? Overstreet assigns a value to NM 9.2 books, do i double that for a 9.4 and triple it for a 9.6? I am trying to upgrade some books in my collection. I want high grade stuff, but I don't want to get stroked on the prices. Is there yet another additional spike when paying for the peace of mind of a CGC copy?

Thanks

Folks,

I am not new to comics, that's for sure, but i am baffled at the market value for high grade comics. What is the rule of thumb on the value of books when the condition is 9.4 or 9.6? Overstreet assigns a value to NM 9.2 books, do i double that for a 9.4 and triple it for a 9.6? I am trying to upgrade some books in my collection. I want high grade stuff, but I don't want to get stroked on the prices. Is there yet another additional spike when paying for the peace of mind of a CGC copy?

Thanks

Stroked is such a harsh term.

Folks,

Thanks

What you have to think about as well is the vast majority of comics do not fetch Overstreet prices in the first place. I mentioned this in another post a few weeks back in a thread about a huge selection of CGC books being sold on e-bay. I'll use a higher priced example than the Battlestar Galactica #1. Kamandi #1 guides for $105 in 9.2 (37th Overstreet Guide), but routinely fetches $50 in NM condition raw. So, how do you price the 9.4 or 9.6 copy? Multiples of guide or multiples of actual prices being realized?

I believe piece of mind and "highest graded copy" are the reasons for the price spike on CGC copies.

Thanks,

Ron

Folks,

Thanks

Billy Squier - The Stroke

Folks,

Thanks

Funny, i thought about that song as I "Stroked" the keypad.

Folks,

Thanks

Now ya got it !!

Actually I've always viewed it as buying that little number in the top left of

the slab. Most "purist" will argue about the interior page quality, quality of

production, staple centering, blah, blah, blah, the emporer is nekkid, you're

buying the little number on the top left of the slab. And for bragging rights

you MUST have the highest, greatest, bestest,etc, etc, .

Personally I buy what I like and want, and exercise common sense on

how much I want to spend, in a realistic context. YES, I like having the

best effin Our Gang collection on planet Earth. BUT, I'm the only one on

planet Earth that cares. Buy what you like, spend what you can.

Enjoy.

More ice cold Budlight is in the cooler in the garage. See ya later.

Folks,

Thanks

Now ya got it !!

doh!

Folks,

Thanks

Now ya got it !!

doh!

(tsk)lol

Great advice! Thanks. I guess the old adage is true, Things are worth only what someone is going to pay for them. I adhere to your buying philosophy, I buy what I like and pay what I can afford. Good stuff!

Depending on what books you are looking at, on 9.6s and 9.8s, beware the bubble, my friend. :o

Great advice! Thanks. I guess the old adage is true, Things are worth only what someone is going to pay for them. I adhere to your buying philosophy, I buy what I like and pay what I can afford. Good stuff!

Depending on what books you are looking at, on 9.6s and 9.8s, beware the bubble, my friend. :o

" Prices vary widely on this book"....supply and demand....try not to be the last fool in the chain....collect what you love with the intention of NEVER selling and you will probably be happy. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u