• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Could James Bond (Connery/Moore/Craig) have stopped Ozymandias' plan in Watchmen

28 posts in this topic

I don't know about James Bond, but Napoleon Solo, Ilya Kuryakin, April Dancer and Wossname, the British guy, ably backed by Mr. Waverly on Channel D, woulda mopped the floor with Big O.

Im going to have to say no.

Ozy hid what was happening from every one.

Usually these plots fail because there are to many leaks but in this case ther were none.

Rorchach and Owl found the base but no ide what was happening.

Even if Bond found the books he would have found nothing illegal.

I don't know. Ozy had that horrible Bond villain trait of talking too darn much when he should be killing people.

Im going to have to say no.

Ozy hid what was happening from every one.

Usually these plots fail because there are to many leaks but in this case ther were none.

Rorchach and Owl found the base but no ide what was happening.

Even if Bond found the books he would have found nothing illegal.

I don't know. Ozy had that horrible Bond villain trait of talking too darn much when he should be killing people.

He did talk, but that was after it was to late to stop him.

So in essence he did win

I don't know about James Bond, but Napoleon Solo, Ilya Kuryakin, April Dancer and Wossname, the British guy, ably backed by Mr. Waverly on Channel D, woulda mopped the floor with Big O.

So, no U.N.C.L.E. fans hereabouts, eh?

Lazenby was actually a very good Bond, he just had the misfortune to come right after Sean Connery.

(thumbs u

On Her Majesty's Secret Service was superb film and grossly underrated in the Bond canon. If Lazenby didn't have a dispute with the studio and producers... hm

Lazenby was actually a very good Bond, he just had the misfortune to come right after Sean Connery.

(thumbs u

On Her Majesty's Secret Service was superb film and grossly underrated in the Bond canon. If Lazenby didn't have a dispute with the studio and producers... hm

In my honest opinion On her majesty's secret service was the best bond film. I'm not saying that Lazenby is the best bond but he did imo star in the best film. Connery is certainly my favourite bond but I have a soft spot for moore as that was the era that I watched bond for the first time. Preferance is always an era thing.

the opening credits would have scenes of Bond doing Silk Specter.

Bond would have almost stopped Ozzie, Q would have provided him with some freaky good weapons - Lynx repellent etc; but then it would transpire that, of course, Ozzy had been the main supplier of weapons and gadgets to Q; so while the Lynx may have somehow been defeated eventually Bond would have been captured.

However, since Bond ALWAYS wins, maybe a few cities would have been destroyed, maybe some commies, he would have worked out a way to get the Ice Palace destroyed and escape in some capsule with Silk Specter and her Mom.

Sorry thats just the way it would be.

Does not really matter which bond it was, except that if it was Roger Moore then he might have ended up kissing Ozzy. They sort of look like they could get it on.

thats my 2c

Connery has nailed Silk Spectre (and her mum) before the movie even starts.

Craig gets her in act I.

Roger Moore gets her in the third act after Rorshach is a blob on the snow because Moore is smooth at closing the deal and always waits until there is adequate time to do it proper.

No one defeats Ozymandias' plan because it was just too perfectly executed and no one was onto him.