• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AF #15

74 posts in this topic

3.0-3.5 mainly because of creasing.The long one on the right that runs through to the bottom drops it for me Not very much marvel chipping on the right and bottom thats always a plus .

Is that a tear or a crease below the FAN in Fantasy

Thanks all! Indeed as was mentioned above, it is slabbed. I am going to call CGC to get the graders comments and I'll post them once I do. I want to inquire about, the crease Trey spotted (good eyes!) which looks like a crease but I need to make sure it is not a tear that is being concealed by the slab compressing it flat. There's a diagonal crease that breaks color ever so slightly across the cover from right around where Spiderman's outstretched (left) hand grasping the web is down to his (right) foot on the opposite side There are various minute creases, but the cover is pretty clean and flat. And the lack of MC is indeed very cool. More later.

That's what I was thinking as well hm anyone has any advice on the best way to do this I'd appreciate it.

I once resubmitted a restored book that had a cracked slab (because I wanted to make sure it wasn't tampered with) and I actually lost a grade point in the exchange.

Here is one option...

and folks don't jump on me because I am neither pro or against doing "anything" to improve the book

send it to Classics for $3, they will tell you if "pressing" and resub is a good option.

I did that to one of my slab and when and I get it back, I will post the result.

looks like a 4.0/4.5 to me, but keep in mind there may also be hard to see stains or water damage.

good luck on the resub.

I looked at it pretty carefully and I don't see any water stain whatsoever.

The crease that was pointed out earlier, whether it was a crease of a tear, looks to be in fact a crease.

I am quite happy with how it looks in person. I've been looking for a decent, lower to middle grade book without the dreaded Marvel chipping that is so prevalent in many of the books in this grade. The page quality is Off-white, which is also pretty good for the assigned grade.

Here is one option...

and folks don't jump on me because I am neither pro or against doing "anything" to improve the book

send it to Classics for $3, they will tell you if "pressing" and resub is a good option.

I did that to one of my slab and when and I get it back, I will post the result.

I was thinking about this very idea. I am about to send Classics a trio of other books, maybe I should include this one and get their opinion.

I may email the scans to Matt at Classics for his opinion before I do.