• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

This is the way to get a signature on an AF #15

39 posts in this topic

Im glad to see that the huge Stan lee signature is on the slab and not on the book itself. Not a huge fan og large signatures like that one. And I agree that there is no increase in value if a slab is signed. To me, signing a slab is pointless because it can be easily rubbed off and like what others are saying, hard to authenticate it.

I don;t like it... no way to prove authenticity, and the book itself is not a signed copy, just the piece of plastic... This kind of signature is pointless, IMNSHO... It adds nothing for me to the desirability or value of the book, and if I found it in a yard sale, the first thing I would do is clean the slab off...

Still looking for my first yard sale featuring slabbed comics.

Me too! Me too! :roflmao:

Went to one about 4 months ago. :hi:

There was a gentlemen or a group of guys when I first started doing SS years ago and they got everything they could signed on the case and then sold them one ebay...

you don't see those guys around anymore...

hmmm I wonder why...

I don;t like it... no way to prove authenticity, and the book itself is not a signed copy, just the piece of plastic... This kind of signature is pointless, IMNSHO... It adds nothing for me to the desirability or value of the book, and if I found it in a yard sale, the first thing I would do is clean the slab off...

Still looking for my first yard sale featuring slabbed comics.

Me too! Me too! :roflmao:

Don't laugh. I actually had a garage sale this summer featuring nothing but comic books and had 2 short boxes of slabs out. I sold some raw comics that day but no slabs. (shrug)

This is the best way to get a Stan Lee signature on a AF #15

af15front.jpg

I disagree. He just graphitoo'ed the cover forever...

Why anyone pays more for a defaced comic is beyond me. I prefer the way they used to do it on the first page of the comic in the margin.

There was a gentlemen or a group of guys when I first started doing SS years ago and they got everything they could signed on the case and then sold them one ebay...

you don't see those guys around anymore...

hmmm I wonder why...

Maybe because some company promoted the notion that any signature not accompanied by a yellow label is worthless?

Yellow label . . . :cloud9:

I have some yellows myself. :cloud9::cloud9:

I just don't subscribe to the notion that everything not sanctioned by one is worthless. A lot of authentic autographs have been signed prior to CGC's existence and outside of their presence.

:grin:

Superman11Blog.jpg

af15front.jpg

Why anyone pays more for a defaced comic is beyond me. I prefer the way they used to do it on the first page of the comic in the margin.

Which would still get a yellow label if witnessed by a CGC employee or designated witness. I have an Iron Man #128 that's like that (see below). You can't see the sig (because it's on the first page) but it's still a yellow label and noted as such by CGC on the label. (thumbs u

IronMan128CGC94SS.jpg

Yellow label . . . :cloud9:

I have some yellows myself. :cloud9::cloud9:

I just don't subscribe to the notion that everything not sanctioned by one is worthless. A lot of authentic autographs have been signed prior to CGC's existence and outside of their presence.

:grin:

Superman11Blog.jpg

That book is spectacular.

af15front.jpg

I disagree with your disagreement. As soon as I saw the signed slab in the OP, this yellow one immediately came to mind as more aesthetically pleasing.

While this is a copy of AF 15 its still just that.. a copy. The only real verifiable original thing here is the Stan Lee sig.

I got my TMNT #1 signed, sketched, and personalized by Peter on the slab... It's kinda hard to see (cuz TMNT 1 is so dark), but I think it's a cool idea to get the slab signed and not the book... especially if you don't feel like spending a bunch more money just to have someone watch you and then get it put into another piece of plastic...

*thumbs up*

:sick:

God I find that HORRENDOUS! YIKES! :tonofbricks::sumo:

And a nice 6.5 to boot...ouch...