• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Stars, Stars and more Stars!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

58 posts in this topic

Ouch.

Look, I'm not trying to sound cruel, and I know there's a self-esteem issue tied up in this stuff. But the moment you stop caring about stars, then no one can hurt you via them anymore. However, the more you talk about them, ask for them, scream about them, the more likely others are to paint a bullseye on your head. "This is how I can affect him. This is a great weapon. I'll shoot down his stars, create more shills, shoot them down again and it will drive him insane!"

In the end, it doesn't matter who rates you what. It's too easy to make shills, and one wrong word can set someone off (you've posted in the WC -- that's an automatic star death up there!)

In short, to be a 'star whore' (the new term around here) is to be perennially disappointed. Yet the second you let it go, all of your opponent's power is lost. That's why one star is the ultimate victory. At one, NO ONE can hurt you.

Ouch.

Look, I'm not trying to sound cruel, and I know there's a self-esteem issue tied up in this stuff. But the moment you stop caring about stars, then no one can hurt you via them anymore. However, the more you talk about them, ask for them, scream about them, the more likely others are to paint a bullseye on your head. "This is how I can affect him. This is a great weapon. I'll shoot down his stars, create more shills, shoot them down again and it will drive him insane!"

In the end, it doesn't matter who rates you what. It's too easy to make shills, and one wrong word can set someone off (you've posted in the WC -- that's an automatic star death up there!)

In short, to be a 'star whore' (the new term around here) is to be perennially disappointed. Yet the second you let it go, all of your opponent's power is lost. That's why one star is the ultimate victory. At one, NO ONE can hurt you.

I would rate you 1 star....but unfortunately....I already gave you a 5. sorry.gif

However, the more you talk about them, ask for them, scream about them, the more likely others are to paint a bullseye on your head

At the risk of painting a bullseye on a forum member ...I would like to say that, as far as stars go...I think Valiantman should still be at 4 stars...that's one guy that did not deserve one ounce of star deprevation....

I was saddened when he went below an even # of stars since he has been only helpfull and non-malevolent in his posts...Stars do mean something...and it isn't always to the person that holds them...

JMO...

However, the more you talk about them, ask for them, scream about them, the more likely others are to paint a bullseye on your head

At the risk of painting a bullseye on a forum member ...I would like to say that, as far as stars go...I think Valiantman should still be at 4 stars...that's one guy that did not deserve one ounce of star deprevation....

I was saddened when he went below an even # of stars since he has been only helpfull and non-malevolent in his posts...Stars do mean something...and it isn't always to the person that holds them...

JMO...

Very touching, you are now back up to three stars my friend.