• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Overstreet and Valiant Comics in 2004... what the?

28 posts in this topic

I tend to disagree on certain issues, but, the bigger response is - SO WHAT?

Some people don't seem to agree, which is what grates on my nerves:

I understand your point, though... I don't foresee "three-digit" prices for pre-Unity

Valiant books for some time. But prices from $5 to $50 aren't out of the question.

Valiant books are just now 10 to 12 years old.

I think everyone's favorite book, Hulk 181, was about $40 when it was 12 years old.

And we know it will NEVER break the three-digit price barrier,

especially since there are hundreds of thousands of copies out there.

They were good reads and they are what starting my comic book collecting back in 92/93 while stationed in Germany. I have most of the early stuff that I picked up for $1-$3 bucks a piece and I actually picked up my early Magnus issues (1-10) from Mile High 893whatthe.gif

I collected all the magnus RF issues. I did spend time at Mile High meeting Jim Shooter on several occasions. He signed lots of my books and my Star Wars artwork. Where or what is Jim Shooter doing these days????

Ditto to Dam:

I was 28 in 91, and had just gotten back into the hobby after a 15-year hiatus. When I was a kid, writing and storytelling were much more highly valued than in the Age of Liefeld.

The Shooter-era Valiant books were like a breath of fresh air. I enjoyed reading them, and still enjoy re-reading the TPBs.

Ditto to Dam:

I was 28 in 91, and had just gotten back into the hobby after a 15-year hiatus. When I was a kid, writing and storytelling were much more highly valued than in the Age of Liefeld.

The Shooter-era Valiant books were like a breath of fresh air. I enjoyed reading them, and still enjoy re-reading the TPBs.

cloud9.gifcloud9.gifcloud9.gif

I particularly liked this quote: "When I was a kid, writing and storytelling were much more highly valued than in the Age of Liefeld." I am all for the art, but once creators lose touch with the stories you get a bunch of garbage!

DAM

Totally unrelated, but what the hell is Batman620 doing on that list??

Are they actually claiming that drivel is going to be worth something?!?!!

I'd compare it to the current JLA storyline. How about that art, huh??!!