• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hulk 181 to sign or not to sign

14 posts in this topic

I have a hulk 181 that would grade fine if it had the stamp,i have a chance to have it signed by Herb Trimpe at a local show.should i have it signed? i dont think that there will be anyone at the show to cgc grade it. should i do it or not?

If you have a book or other comic related stuff to get signed and you have the chance, do it.you never know how much longer these guys will be doing signings. i waited too long for a Marshall Rogers sig and he passed. we don't all get sigs just to sell. (thumbs u

I have a low-grade 181 that I thought about having Herb sign when he was in Boston, and even could have gone the SS route, but decided to have him sign some other favorite covers of mine instead. If I decide the sig bothers me in the future, those books are much cheaper to get a second copy of than 181.

I would rather have him sign one of the cover replica posters they sell at conventions. The last one I went to in Boston had tons of key issue posters including Hulk 181. We ended up buyin a FF #72 poster and have it framed on our bedroom wall. It's like the size of a movie poster but I'm pretty sure they have 11x17 posters as well. Is this unique to this convention or are there dealers for these at other conventions as well???