• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

If I sold my Avengers #4 SS

40 posts in this topic

Only cash out that book to buy a camera if you won't have a problem, in 6 months, looking at camera's sale price and the book's GPA value and watching the GAP widen for all eternity.

How do you get a .5 grade without the comic having been a prominent prop in a scatological film?

Read the label - it's missing a page, and seeing that there's no "qualified signature series"-label, it gets put in a yellow label slab with a 0.5 grade.

How do you get a .5 grade without the comic having been a prominent prop in a scatological film?

Read the label - it's missing a page, and seeing that there's no "qualified signature series"-label, it gets put in a yellow label slab with a 0.5 grade.

I read the label...I don't agree with the grade. Page missing that does not effect story should not be automatic .5 IMO. I've bought an ASM 2 missing some letters pages before and it sold (with full disclosure of the missing pages) just as well as ASM 2's in same grade...of course that was like five or six years ago before every buyer was The Comics Guy from The Simpsons.

I read the label...I don't agree with the grade. Page missing that does not effect story should not be automatic .5 IMO. I've bought an ASM 2 missing some letters pages before and it sold (with full disclosure of the missing pages) just as well as ASM 2's in same grade...of course that was like five or six years ago before every buyer was The Comics Guy from The Simpsons.

Yea i was bummed about the grade, I found out afterwards that it was missing a coupon page or something. Seller didn't know either but we squared all that away nicely. I am curious what the grade would have been had it been complete.