• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BoP #8 - Is it widely recognised as a Key issue?

42 posts in this topic

It's "Astonishing Tales #25" syndrome. At one point, Deathlok was very, very popular...now, the character is as cold as the upper chambers of the heart of Loki, but AT #25 still carries a premium. This is out of tradition, rather than merit.

You, sir, are a thoughtless cad. Name your "syndrome" after a more appropriate book: Fear 20, for example. Leave AT #25 alone. Deathlok fricken rules.

Yes, Deathlok, a character who is so sucktacular, his last series was in the 20th century, and lasted all of 11 issues.

;)

But Fear 20 works, too. Actually, so does 19.

I have to agree on lovin' Deathlok.

It's all relative. I completely agree that all of his series in the 90s and 2000s sucked. On the flip side, a great character like Blade has pretty much sucked in every comic he appeared in (movie was excellent). I wish a good writer or other medium would make Deathlok top drawer again.

It's always tough with the B-listers. A lot of people love Darkhawk (while as many people probably hate him). Darkhawk has actually been used in some pretty cool stuff and some pretty crappy stuff. I always liked Sleepwalker too. But I can see why he is not very popular.

Pat