• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Someone to put on your Block list

13 posts in this topic

So i just went through hell with a buyer over a piece of art - and i just wanted to warn other art and comic people out there about him.

Here is a link to his name...

His feedback

"spitfirestudios"

He bought a Amazing spider-man 293 kraven mike zeck color guide off me for $455.

Long story short, i let him have time payments, he ended up paying in full Nov 15, i sent item nov 18. He negged me and paypal disputed on nov 19. Nov 22 item arrived and he claimed it was an empty box (which was definitely not the case). Paypal eventually decides in his favor today, 12/5. There wasn't insurance on the item, there was only signature confirmation.

I would suggest looking at his "feedback left for others" and the fact that if you look at the quarrels between him and other sellers, he has similar activity including sending an empty box back to the original seller. Its scary that he so easily leaves negatives and neutrals for people, but its obvious he does this for extortion purposes.

The guy is just bad news, plain and simple.

I appealed this process through paypal and was told he needed to file a police report (why didnt they make him do this already?) so the money is in limbo once again. I suppose if anyone sees this ASM cover to alert me. I would appreciate it.

No seller protection on Paypal...empty box? How do you prove that you actually did put the item in the box? Make a youtube video of yourself each time packaging it? I don't like paypal,but none will accept a check for thier auction on ebay anymore. Too much of a hassle to get all kinds of money orders as well.

And people don't understand why I won't accept Paypal.

Give me a cashier's check or postal money order any day.

So i just went through hell with a buyer over a piece of art - and i just wanted to warn other art and comic people out there about him.

Here is a link to his name...

His feedback

"spitfirestudios"

He bought a Amazing spider-man 293 kraven mike zeck color guide off me for $455.

Long story short, i let him have time payments, he ended up paying in full Nov 15, i sent item nov 18. He negged me and paypal disputed on nov 19. Nov 22 item arrived and he claimed it was an empty box (which was definitely not the case). Paypal eventually decides in his favor today, 12/5. There wasn't insurance on the item, there was only signature confirmation.

I would suggest looking at his "feedback left for others" and the fact that if you look at the quarrels between him and other sellers, he has similar activity including sending an empty box back to the original seller. Its scary that he so easily leaves negatives and neutrals for people, but its obvious he does this for extortion purposes.

The guy is just bad news, plain and simple.

I appealed this process through paypal and was told he needed to file a police report (why didnt they make him do this already?) so the money is in limbo once again. I suppose if anyone sees this ASM cover to alert me. I would appreciate it.

No seller protection on Paypal...empty box? How do you prove that you actually did put the item in the box? Make a youtube video of yourself each time packaging it? I don't like paypal,but none will accept a check for thier auction on ebay anymore. Too much of a hassle to get all kinds of money orders as well.

Though this may sound paranoid I actually keep a cheap vid camera handy and whenever there's a red flag I tape the process of opening the box. On rare occasions I've even taped opening it at the post office and once, even taped closing up the box at the PO teller window. over cautious, perhaps... but had a couple weird experiences, including a guy who sent a batman 1 without centerfold, admitted it when I called and then denied it later and accused me of taking it out. How did I prevail? Well, as luck would have it a red flag prior to receipt of the book compelled me to open it upon receipt in the presence of the postal employee and upon detection of the cf missing, I put it right back in the same box and returned it. Got the bank to rescind payment on the cashier's check (no easy task; it took well over a year to actually get the money back).

i showed up to the door of a seller about 8 years ago who has some notoriety on these boards. John Hentrich is his name, who would do business with dupcake and sold restored books as unrestored like comic-keys. This was before paypal was the norm. Turns out the address i mailed the check to was his ex girlfriends, who steered me to his moms house, then she steered me to an old roomate of his who then said "i dont know where he lives right now". Unbelievable. Don't buy things from Oceanside, NY in long island. Instead of money laundering, they were "person laundering". Wow - bad joke.

In the end i got screwed, but i tried to confront the problem head on.

Paypal and Ebay side with the buyer to a fault these days.

They should ATLEAST allow for negatives to be left to scam buyers from sellers who recieved bs chargebacks. Buyers always cry but I have 100% feedback well yeah insufficiently_thoughtful_person ALL buyers have 100% positive feedback becuse eBay changed the rules !

What is to stop this guy from doing this over and over?

BTW he is a fool for doing this with OA because it is one of kind. Could turn up later and bite him in the if he does file a police report.