• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rule of Thumb on Green Label value?

6 posts in this topic

To touch on something that I brought up on the Gold forum.

How much does the 'Green' (Qualified) label affect the value of the book? This is probably a tricky one to quantify - in particular, let's look at a few different reasons why you may get one:

1/ Page missing (incomplete)

2/ Signed on front cover

3/ Pinholes (for example, the GS X-Men #1 that was discussed recently)

4/ Staple pull

Anyone got any thoughts on this?

Interesting question......for me if the signature was real then I would potentially pay a premium for it. If the book was a GA then things like staple pulls would not effect my buy decisions. Defacing such as pin holes on the other hand turn me off as I believe they are an eye sore and seriously detract from the books presentation.

In most cases if I bought a GLOD then I would probably crack the slab and display it raw.

It is that book that I find objectionable. grin.gif

To be honest I do find that hole annoying. I have a B&B #54 (Bethlehem) that has a small fleck missing from the front cover (same effect as a pinhole) and I can't stand to look at it. It really irritates me.

So go figure....date stamps are fine, minor miscuts are fine, small printing errors are fine but pinholes and the like 893frustrated.gif

Damn I am strange.

It is that book that I find objectionable. grin.gif

To be honest I do find that hole annoying. I have a B&B #54 (Bethlehem) that has a small fleck missing from the front cover (same effect as a pinhole) and I can't stand to look at it. It really irritates me.

So go figure....date stamps are fine, minor miscuts are fine, small printing errors are fine but pinholes and the like 893frustrated.gif

Damn I am strange.

I thought that that went with the territory being Australian tongue.gif

Slightly off-topic: Did the B&B have a qualified label too?

These labels are doing my head in (and many others based on the other threads). 893frustrated.gif

No it didn't have a PLOD because it technically does not go through the cover. It is like someone dragged a pin across the cover not through it.

Must have had a major impact on the book because it grades a 6.5.