• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

slab price question

8 posts in this topic

This is a dumb question, but it just occurred to me and I dont know the answer:

Suppose a Bronze key is worth $2000 in 9.6. How much does it cost to slab? say with normal turnaround.

Now suppose a copy in 9.6 sells for 10K. How much does the subsequent copies cost to slab?

Doesnt the value affect the cost to slab, or just in express turnaround?

I sent in my SC22 (7.5) and AF15 (6.0) to be re slabbed using the Express service.

I expected $200-$300 for each book since you KNOW they are > than the allowed $3k for the $85 Express service. CGC charged me the bare bones $85 fee for each book.

So....I'm not sure how the fees are charged on big books or Express service.

(shrug)

I sent in my SC22 (7.5) and AF15 (6.0) to be re slabbed using the Express service.

I expected $200-$300 for each book since you KNOW they are > than the allowed $3k for the $85 Express service. CGC charged me the bare bones $85 fee for each book.

So....I'm not sure how the fees are charged on big books or Express service.

(shrug)

hm

This is a dumb question, but it just occurred to me and I dont know the answer:

Suppose a Bronze key is worth $2000 in 9.6. How much does it cost to slab? say with normal turnaround.

Now suppose a copy in 9.6 sells for 10K. How much does the subsequent copies cost to slab?

Doesnt the value affect the cost to slab, or just in express turnaround?

IMHO should be based on what you paid for it not what it might yield.

your books might have graded lower..... you were so lucky..

WEBHEAD

am I incorrect in assuming those values that CGC bases their rates on are for what raw books go for?

To me it wouldn't make much sense any other way. In the OP's example that price would be for a slabbed 9.6 not a raw version of the book.

Gemma told me they use GPA for the FMV.

Hope that FMV is updated with this economy slump (What you can get for it).