• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New Conan Movie - Leaked Screenplay!

14 posts in this topic

This was purposefully leaked, the real -script is in a safe in Mr Bruno's confidant and personal bodyguard Fiona LaToya Gutierrez, who keeps it in her nightclub "The Loose Cheeta" in West Hollywood. As a publicity stunt, the studio thought it a good move to release a less than great version of the -script, so when the movie came out, it would stun audiences...that's what Zack Ephron (The actor that will play Conan, in his teens) said in an interview, 12 minutes ago...The real -script "iz reelly goot" also said Roberto Guillermo Sancheznegger, the bodybuilder set to play Conan..

11/11/09--

"Dear Conan and Howard fans,

This is the first post in a thread about the development of the new Conan movie. To keep our announcements about the progress easily found and in sequence, this thread is pinned and closed. We will post updates when there is information to give. As the movie is in development, not production, the announcements will likely be sporadic until a later stage.

First of all, a few comments on the surge in posts the past two weeks. Please keep in mind that everything is still a work-in-progress. It is best not to jump to conclusions about a movie that won’t be released for 18 months or so from now. Paradox/CPI is working with the studio (Millennium/Nu Image), the other producers, the distributor (Lions Gate) and the director (Marcus Nispel) by giving input on the development. CPI strives to make this an action-filled movie in the world of Conan, taking inspiration from the writings of Howard, however, some liberties will have to be taken to reach out to a wider audience. It remains our hope that bringing Conan and other characters to a new generation will enhance the awareness of the writings of Robert E. Howard.

Secondly, scripts change constantly when a film is in production, even during shooting. While there is usually one writer or writing team credited in a movie, it is very common to use different writers for later rewrites. We are now preparing for a new set of eyes (and hands) to begin a rewrite. The owner of said eyes and hands shall remain unnamed for now..."

-----------------------------------------------------------

"

More screenwriters to have their try on Conan

Over the course of the last weeks and month REH fans have been in on a coaster-ride when it comes to the movie project. It all began, when the first writing team was announced (Oppenheimer/Donelly) and because of their track record did not earn many claps from the community. Later the writer team Blackman/McCain joined the cause, both showing a real interest in the works of REH, with active participation in the conan.com boards. Together with their passion for their own project Outlander and their open approach to communication on their blog earned them some appreciation with the REH fans.

Suddenly all was turned around, when it was announced that instead of B/M the O/D -script was the one that “nailed” it, against public disdain for the first leaked versions of the -script. The last weeks were filled with new, very disturbing rumours, a very disturbing casting call character description and a new review of a more recent version of the O/D -script which didn’t show any improvement when it came to quality or REH respect. While everyone will understand, that liberties have to be taken, there is absolutely no reason to completely change the character of the stories into an emo-rock-hero type.

Now, after a petition has made it’s round through the web, Paradox has chosen to report another detail on the production of the movie on the official Conan boards. There is another team of unnamed writers to start with yet another rewrite of the -script. We will see how that turns out for us fans of quality fantasy and REH.

Bookmark and Share

11-11-2009 - Waldgeist - Official Conan Movie News | 15 Comments »"

http://www.conanmovieblog.com/

Sadly, I feel very confident that it's real. I've been following the development of this movie very closely for years. This matches quite well with the casting call and plot synopsis that were leaked weeks ago.

The post that Zuckuss mentioned above was Jay from CPI/Paradox's damage control post after those last two items were released. So yes, they claim they are going to have some new writers take a look at it. The problem is that the screen play is so cliched and cheesy that no rewrite can really help it that much - they are supposed to start shooting in Feb.

The last time there was a re-write the four-armed archers got turned into blind archers and the werewolves that wiped out Conan's tribe were replaced with half-ethereal "shadow scouts" from"the jungles of Zingara." So yeah, I can see them replacing existing stupid D&D gimmicks with other new stupid D&D gimmicks, but it's not going to help this movie.

I could have lived with them not being true to REH's character, as long it was a good movie (like the Milius version), but this is B-movie . It should have been done on the level of Gladiator or LOTR, but instead it's going to be Scorpion King redux.

I could have lived with them not being true to REH's character, as long it was a good movie (like the Milius version), but this is B-movie . It should have been done on the level of Gladiator or LOTR, but instead it's going to be Scorpion King redux.

Heck, they could simply read the new Conan series from DH and get better ideas of what to do with the character. The current storyline would be fantastic or, even the recent storyline with the Corben art. Running a dual / across time stories might not translate so well on the screen but at least it would be interesting ...

Heck, they could simply read the new Conan series from DH and get better ideas of what to do with the character. The current storyline would be fantastic or, even the recent storyline with the Corben art. Running a dual / across time stories might not translate so well on the screen but at least it would be interesting ...

Exactly! I just posted something similar on the REH forum. Why not just adapt the DH comics? That would have been so much better than this. Busiek and Truman both took some liberties, but they understand the character and the understand what howard was trying to do in showing the contrast between Barbarism (humanity's natural state) vs. Civilization (an accident of circumstance that is always temporary). This screenplay actual reverses that idea. Conan's primal savagery is is bad thing that has to be tempered and honed. ugh!

Well, clearly it was legit as Paradox freaked out, deleted a bunch of posts on the REH forum, made Showbiz Cafe take down the screenplay, and made another damage control post. Good, maybe they'll get the message and do a serious rewrite.

Some muscle-bound guy, some babe in skimpy clothes, some sword-play, some explosions... heck, might as well add some giant robots in there, and this will be a blockbuster hit for one week in the theaters!

:whistle:

-slym

A "Yor: Hunter from the Future" remake? That sounds like a great idea. :applause:

But don't call it "Conan." (tsk)

As a huge Conan and REH fan, I have to say this is complete garbage. I can't believe someone got paid to write this . :pullhair:

http://showbizcafe.com/public/scripts/conan_sbc.pdf

Jeff, I ain't about to click on that link & you damn well know it.

As a huge Conan and REH fan, I have to say this is complete garbage. I can't believe someone got paid to write this . :pullhair:

http://showbizcafe.com/public/scripts/conan_sbc.pdf

Jeff, I ain't about to click on that link & you damn well know it.

It's just as well. What's on that link makes Baby Jesus cry.