• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Frazetta steals from Frazetta

155 posts in this topic

Wow, just wow. Wasn't there a thread recently where junior was "unknowingly" selling fake frazetta prelims on ebay? That thread takes on a whole new light now. Mom dies and son takes a backhoe to the museum? Oh man.

Holy mess.

So how about those suspicious pieces and authenticity claims that showed up this past year? Maybe this event shed some light on that.

yeah. IIRC some on the thread got pretty heated that anyone even suggest jr had done anything wrong. Foot meet mouth.

This is just unbelievable to me and unbelievably sad...

http://m.poconorecord.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20091210/NEWS/912109991/-1/NEWSMAP&template=wapart

Scott Williams

What in the world could he have been thinking?

Stealing items that are instantly recognizable, items so iconic that anyone with the means to acquire would know something was wrong?

How could he expect to get away with it? As if his father would not notice the giant hole in the wall made by a friggin bulldozer and call the police and report what was stolen?

Give me a break.

I'm thinking the will gets updated, like tomorrow.

I am thinking that was done a while ago, otherwise there was no reason to do something like this.

a. Trying to take 90 paintings in a hurried manner probably means that damage to the items probably occurred. It almost always happens in art heists.

b. Obviously he wasn't stealing them to hang them in his apartment. There's probably another accomplice that was ready to pay for them. And Junior will likely cough up that person's name.

I am thinking that was done a while ago, otherwise there was no reason to do something like this.

You're likely right. Do you think maybe he wanted to rep his Dad? I know Frank Jr. was doing deals with CGC Sig Series guys, signing 'exclusive' deals while Ellie was doing the same. Lots of fun.

Robbing his own family lol He must have a drug problem or something (shrug) or just be out of his mind

I remember there was a thread a while back that brought his character into question. Makes you wonder what other fraudulent acts he has committed. Perhaps some fake paintings, forged authenticities etc.

There could have been all kinds of reasons. Maybe the will was changed, maybe frazetta has always had the intention to donate the art when he passes, maybe jr has a drug problem or owes a bunch of money or was just waiting for mom to pass to pull something like this and retire to the tropics, who knows. Pretty damn low any way you slice it. Just goes to show famous families aren't perfect either.